Help! Brother in law killed my favorite flashlight.

Deadstick 8409

Newly Enlightened
I have visited this board before, and bought some cool lights because of it. Need some help again. My favorite light was the husky 2 d cell that sold for about $30. That thing had GREAT bang for the buck! Until my brother in law dropped it in the lake.
In the process of getting the water out, I put the final touches on its death sentence, and the mylar around the reflector melted. It now has the throw of a dollar store special.
I loved the form factor and output and price. What can I buy that will be equal or better on those counts?

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could just get another of the same, if they're still available.

A 2D LED Maglite is a good low-price light.

If you just have to have that light, I'm sure someone could upgrade/repair it for you with some aftermarket parts.

Hellbore

Enlightened
I feel for ya, those lights were a good deal for the price. They seemed to have the most throw of any inexpensive (relatively) LED light that ran on D cells and you could buy from a brick-and-mortar store. Very sad that it's gone. My Mom, Dad, and I all bought one when they came out.

I would watch Ebay, Craigslist, CPF Marketplace, etc. to see if any come up for sale used.