5) Olight M20
6) EagleTac T10C2

tahvdw.jpg

2mcd3rb.jpg

10fzwxj.jpg

rll3k8.jpg

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
All of those are great options for a backup light. I would personally go with the TK12 just because I love the look of it. Are you asking what would be the best backup light as far as practicality goes? Or are you asking what light would we choose personally...

If you plan on using your backup light as an anti-zombie weapon, I'd go with a 6D Maglite with a crenelated bezel. :crackup:

CPFBiology

Enlightened
All of those are great options for a backup light. I would personally go with the TK12 just because I love the look of it. Are you asking what would be the best backup light as far as practicality goes? Or are you asking what light would we choose personally...

If you plan on using your backup light as an anti-zombie weapon, I'd go with a 6D Maglite with a crenelated bezel. :crackup:

Seriously though, for the anti-zombie weapon the 6D light is a good idea, but I would be too afraid of close quarter combat/melee with such a weapon because of the splashback of zombie blood. I would much prefer a Glock 17 (at a distance).

I agree with you -the TK 12 looks really nice. That is one of the reasons I am having such a hard time deciding. CPFers seem to like the JetBeam III-M. And the TK12, Olight, and JetBeam are built like tanks as per youtube. I haven't seen stress tests on the Eagletac, but I am sure it is good too. Anyone know how the Malkoff MD2 compares in durability compared to the JetBeams?

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
I would not hesitate to use my MD2 as a weapon or wheel chock. It's significantly less delicate than my SF V2 Vampire. I haven't seen a torture test on the light, but I don't doubt that it would pass.

- Andy

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Seriously though, for the anti-zombie weapon the 6D light is a good idea, but I would be too afraid of close quarter combat/melee with such a weapon because of the splashback of zombie blood. I would much prefer a Glock 17 (at a distance).

I agree with you -the TK 12 looks really nice. That is one of the reasons I am having such a hard time deciding. CPFers seem to like the JetBeam III-M. And the TK12, Olight, and JetBeam are built like tanks as per youtube. I haven't seen stress tests on the Eagletac, but I am sure it is good too. Anyone know how the Malkoff MD2 compares in durability compared to the JetBeams?

Another thing I love about the TK12 is that it accepts P60 drop ins. So when the latest and greatest LED comes out, it could easily be replaced without a soldering iron.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Another thing I love about the TK12 is that it accepts P60 drop ins. So when the latest and greatest LED comes out, it could easily be replaced without a soldering iron.

Is this for real? I read that the TK12 head is sealed.