im so glad i didnt grow up in the 70,s

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there doing a specail on vh1 about the 70.s.seemed like a very odd time.almost kinda scary!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the 50's . . . they weren't odd enough.

But the 70's, now that was a time. Long hair, disco music, hot cars. It seems that I can't really focus on a particular era until it's gone. And then I can remember all the bad stuff . . . and all the good stuff.

I think it would be neat to focus on what's happening now and enjoy it. But that requires more wisdom and honesty than I happen to have. Oh well, there's still time to grow up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
They didn't have LED flashlights in the 1970s, or the 1980s for that matter...but my 6th grade teacher did give me a very nice Heathkit vaccume tube console radio/LP player.
Turns out all it needed to work was some kind of transformer (forget if it was a power transformer or an output transformer), but once I had put that in, it really sounded nice. It was very large too, I think it used 10" or 12" woofers, and it was in a nice wooden cabinet.
Oh, the good old days...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is this show didnt make to 70,s look so hot. last year they did the 80,s this year its 70,s maybe it hasnt been a whole year.i did like the band kiss though

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
for evreyone that thinks the 70's were weird, must re think. It was the free love era, the possibilities were endless, no aids just a lot of freedom to love the one your with,.........

Tomas

Banned
Yes, the 70's were wierd, but weird for different reasons to different people.

I got back from Viet Nam in February 1970, but didn't finally take care of my PTSD problems until 1981.

For me the '70's were indeed weird ...

T_sig6.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my dad was in vietnam 82 airbourne .im glad ya ptsd has improved and hope it continues to do so.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kind of enjoyed most of the 70s, but it had little to do with popular culture. Just got to do a lot of things that were interesting, challenging and sometimes even exciting.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i liked the 80,s and and early 90,sbands liked gnr. def lepard. billy squire. ratt.kiss.pantera .motley crue used to like metalica

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o btw the show im talking about is comeing on in 10 minutes wel at least here where i am in eastern usa there doing 1976

Kiessling

Flashaholic
well, I would like to have been older in the 70ies (born 71). seems like a wonderful time with a lot of movement and spirit and less destructive culture than nowadays. but I could be wrong or just dreaming.
bernhard

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I cannot speak to the question of growing up in the 70's but I found that being a [relatively] young adult wasn't bad at all. It was anything but dull.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember growing up in the 70s and thinking what a wierd time the 50s must have been. I guess the time is now, regardless of how old you are.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, the First half of the 1970s was all about trying to figure out what the 1960s was all about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-1950s teenager. 8>)

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
well, I would like to have been older in the 70ies (born 71). seems like a wonderful time with a lot of movement and spirit and less destructive culture than nowadays. but I could be wrong or just dreaming.
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

But you also blame a lot of the destructive culture on the late 60's and 70's. It's then that a lot of hte problems of today could be argured were born. Most of the people who are now running things grew up in that era.

TOB9595

Enlightened
The 70's were good. From what I remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My concern is the 00's
Tom

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
TOB9595 said:
The 70's were good. From what I remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My concern is the 00's
Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

The "00's" eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's a post I made back in '01 in one of my forums:

====
We still seem to be looking for something to call this decade.

I mean we have the teens, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, sixties,
seventies, eighties and nineties, but what are the "0" years, 00 through 09?

Well, one of the good proper English words for "zero" is naught.

As in the title of this diary post, "All for Naught?".

I suggest, no, make that I strongly suggest that we call this the naughties.

It has a certain 'ring' to it, and I like it, so I hereby declare this to be:

The Naughties

Welcome to The Naughties, friends!

T_sig6.gif

Latest posts