need 2oo meter flood to throw under 200$ i like the 18650. likeing the p17 Ld lenser

661randyg

Newly Enlightened
hi, it looks like im ready for my first real (or at least expensive) flashlight. i need a flood to throw better than the cheap chinese zoom lights for
distance. something not too long, big and heavy so i can carrry on my belt with my other light. i thin
k so far what i want is a led lenser p17 although i like the 18650 batts and have a lot of them! thanks, randy

HI PEOPLE THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES, I MADE A MISTAKE LAST NIGHT (PAST MY BEDTIME) IM LOOKING AT THE P14 NOT THE P17 AFTER CARRYING AROUND SINGLE 18650 LIGHTS WITH A HEAD SMALLER THAN 45MM LIKE MY AURORA SST-50 I WOULD NEVER CARRY A 3 D BATTERY LIGHT ON MY BELT. OUCH. THANKS EVERYONE, RANDY.

Last edited:

jgraham15

Enlightened
hi, it looks like im ready for my first real (or at least expensive) flashlight. i need a flood to throw better than the cheap chinese zoom lights for distance. something not too long, big and heavy so i can carrry on my belt with my other light. i think so far what i want is a led lenser p17 although i like the 18650 batts and have a lot of them! thanks, randy

Hey Randy. I have a few led lenser lights from before my CPF days and they were ok lights but if you want something really good (at least in my worthless opinion) check out the Jetbeam M1X or something in that class of lights. Here's a link to a great review. :twothumbs

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/230019

661randyg

Newly Enlightened
a flood to throw light like led lenser p14 but smaller and maybe a 18650

hi, i need a flood to throw better than the chinese zoomers as far as distance and all im comeing up with is the led lenser p14 throws 1000ft about 300 meters. it just looks a little large to carry on belt. and going back to aa's after useing 18650 li. to me is like going back to jurassic park. please help anybody thanks.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: a flood to throw light like led lenser p14 but smaller and maybe a 18650

The only one I can think of is the romisen rc-c8, you can get an upgraded version from shiningbeam.

I have the rc-c6 and rc-29 and like them both alot but the rc-c8 didn't get very good reviews. Still worth checking out though.

661randyg

Newly Enlightened

yeah its kind of sad, i think im getting old. i placed it i thought under led flashlights, then couldnt find it:ironic:

hi imon, your sharp. ive been looking at some olites like the m20 and others but i cant find any that do the zooming thing. thanks, randy.

661randyg

Newly Enlightened

hi sol-leks. i allready emailed shinging beam asking them if they throw any further than the cheap zoomers. so since you have those romisens do you know if they do? thanks, randy.

661randyg

Newly Enlightened
hi jgraham15, it looks like we have the same last name. thanks for the reply. i just browsed it (link to the Jetbeam M1X) and i have seen it before but im looking for a true flood to throw focus. and from what led lenser says on thier website of 300 meters, that probaly wont be matched by any smaller flood to throw light on distance. i will look more at this review tomorro when i have time. thanks, randy.

cccpull

Enlightened

hi, i need a flood to throw better than the chinese zoomers as far as distance and all im comeing up with is the led lenser p14 throws 1000ft about 300 meters. it just looks a little large to carry on belt. and going back to aa's after useing 18650 li. to me is like going back to jurassic park. please help anybody thanks.

Check out this model:

http://www.coastportland.com/produc...¡1028¡1027¡1034¡1120¡1118¿&mastCat=3&catid=12

higbvuyb

Newly Enlightened
There is no set way to measure throw and from what I hear, while LED Lenser make some decent flashlights, you shouldn't trust their listed specifications at all.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Microfire Pioneer I HL2N ?
I hvave been looking for one myself, but i cant find someone that have one in stock.:(

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't give you an exact measurement, but I'm pretty confident the rc-c6 can throw 200 meters when focused.

boboweb

Newly Enlightened
hi, it looks like im ready for my first real (or at least expensive) flashlight. i need a flood to throw better than the cheap chinese zoom lights for distance. something not too long, big and heavy so i can carrry on my belt with my other light. i think so far what i want is a led lenser p17 although i like the 18650 batts and have a lot of them! thanks, randy

Hi Randy ,

take a look at Led Lenser M14. It`s a new micro-processor controlled model.

http://www.ledlenser.co.za/products/M14.html
http://www.m-series.com.au/

It is 4 cm shorter than P14 and produces about 10% longer beam range !

Greetings !

661randyg

Newly Enlightened
m7r. hmmmmmm. now were talking. smaller, 18650, when i looked for it they said rechargeable. like maybe the batt doent come out. not a good feature for the outdoors. i went to led lenser home and they dont even have it on thier website. thanks all, randy.

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
hello !
maybe you should look at the new Wolf-eyes with focusing...

NH%20Link%202.jpg
Defender-III%20main-1.jpg

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
ooh, I had only seen their AA aspheric light which didn't review well. That looks pretty awesome.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
it'll be a had one to find.
200m throw zoomable???? lol i,ve never seen lights like that.
2+ football fields of throw (just to see some crappy beam of light at 200m away or to actually see what you shine the light on are 2 different things).
from personal experience, that far only few lights reach with useful beam, even p7 with FM deep reflector is not too good at that distance,
from all the lights i have only mag85 deep reflector, and 90\150w halogen are useful,
my advice get 4c mag turn it into mag 85 and use 3x 18650 cells, you will not need zoom, even deep reflector has enough spill, (deep reflector is the best for 1185, i tried bifocal one, and regular depth one, but nothing is better than deep one)
i had that set up, loved it, relatively small, light, and cheap. i swapped the tube and now use it with 3x26650 cells.

and don't believe what you read in specs, even $5 6v lantern can throw 200m, but will it be any useful??? not really.