Streamlight Twin Task 1L Titanium LED's

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Twin Task 1L Titanium LED\'s

I ordered a black SL TT 1L from Brightguy 2 weeks ago and have been very happy with it, I gave it to my Dad to put into the glove compartment box yesterday knowing my Bright guy order will arrive today (2 more TT 1L's and some mag bulbs.) I ordered one black and one Titanium 1L. The black TT 1L worked great.

The Titanium TT 1L is a different story though. The xenon bulb works well, but the 3 LED's on the third lick won't turn on. It will flicker is I try light taps to the push button. A very low flicker, just like a faint glow like on the last bit of battery before it goes out.

I think it has to do with the contacts, but I don't dare touch the contacts or take apart this light that is built like a tank.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem?

I will be calling Greg at brightguy about this tomorrow morning to see what I should do.

Thanks!
Jason

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Streamlight Twin Task 1L Titanium LED\'s

Haven't heard of any problems with the TT's switch (I think I own eight at present), E-mail Greg, and he'll fix the problem

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check and see if the spring has been pushed back into the tail cap. This cause a similar problem on my Brookstone LS (both my Brookstone and your TT 1L are made by Nuwai). In my case (and possibly yours) the regulator is completely intolerant of poor connections. What I eventually did on mine was to build a spacer to place under the spring to keep it from sinking. I made my spacer from the roller inside of a discarded dental floss box but I suppose an appropriate size nut would do the same. I hope this rectifies the problem.

Dan

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan and John - Thanks for the feedback. I don't really want to mess with this light, nothing like changing trhe batteries in the field and dropping a night and having a dead flashlight.

I called Brightguy a little while ago and they are sending out a replacement Ti 1L and inside the box will be a postage paid box to send back the faulty 1L. Thumbs up to Brightguy! Great service (they are sending it priority mail too.) Don't have to wait for UPS ground.