DUTY FLASHLIGHT WITH MASSIVE THROW?

JD7

Newly Enlightened
***TORCH NEEDED FOR DUTY BELT***

Which torch under 25cm in length (10 inches) has the largest throw out of ALL the torches? (NOT HID)

It doesn't matter what the price is, just need a small (ish) torch with the most killer throw out there that doesn't have the 'on lag' that HID's do.

Would prefer it if max power didn't last for like 15mins :whistle:

Was considering the Thrunite Catapult V2 and Wolf eyes Superstorm 2 (although that's apparently more of a flooder)

Cheers guys :wave:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would 220~240Lm in a spot configuration be sufficient?

If so you might like to add a Jetbeam Jet-III M to your "short list" I've been using one as my primary duty light for over 12 months without issue, great runtime on an 18650 Li-Ion as well :thumbsup:

Deft & SR90 are great throwers but have humongous head/bezels which would make them unsuitable for duty belt holster carry IMHO (unless balanced with a decent battery tube however like the extended Catapult V2 configuration) YMMV ;)

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two best throwers are my Pelican 7060LED, and my Streamlight Supertac.
The pelican has 175 lumens, rechargeable and is crazy sturdy. The streamlight runs off two cr123 batteries, rated at 135 lumens otf and emits 38000 candella (not sure what candella means) has minimal flood and I mean very little(hardly see any spill)
I know there are better throwers, Edmonton police use the Pelican 7060LED or the Pelican 8060LED. While in uniform atleast, I don't know any undercover police well enough to ask.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Jetbeam RRT-1 or Solarforce Masterpiece with variable Body...2x18650 or 2-3x18500, maybe with an FM Body, which also could use 2x26500 or 2x26650....which then would be pretty long.

Troop#26

Newly Enlightened
***TORCH NEEDED FOR DUTY BELT***

Which torch under 25cm in length (10 inches) has the largest throw out of ALL the torches? (NOT HID)

It doesn't matter what the price is, just need a small (ish) torch with the most killer throw out there that doesn't have the 'on lag' that HID's do.

Would prefer it if max power didn't last for like 15mins :whistle:

Was considering the Thrunite Catapult V2 and Wolf eyes Superstorm 2 (although that's apparently more of a flooder)

Cheers guys :wave:

JD7,

Can you define what you mean by KILLER THROW. Are you talking a hand held search light or are you looking for something to compliment a rifle for long range shooting. My suspicion is that your KILLER throw and CPFers KILLER throw are going to be very different.

Im going to throw a Surefire M6 with PHD M6 battery pack on the pile... expensive but satisfying and belt-able w/SOE Gears M6 holster!

Stephen

JD7

Newly Enlightened
JD7,

Can you define what you mean by KILLER THROW. Are you talking a hand held search light or are you looking for something to compliment a rifle for long range shooting. My suspicion is that your KILLER throw and CPFers KILLER throw are going to be very different.

Im going to throw a Surefire M6 with PHD M6 battery pack on the pile... expensive but satisfying and belt-able w/SOE Gears M6 holster!

Stephen
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the suggestion. The torch would be used on a duty belt/ hand held search light. It would not be used in conjunction with firearms.

By saying 'killer throw', I simply wanted to find the torch which fit my criteria (under 25cm length etc) that could be hand held and fit onto a duty belt that would put as much light down range as possible.

I'm a Surefire virgin so this may seem like a strange question, but can the M6 (rated 500lumens on their site) really compete in terms of throw with the Thrunite Catapult V2 (rated 1000 lumens)?

Cheers for all the speedy replies guys... much appreciated

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a Surefire virgin so this may seem like a strange question, but can the M6 (rated 500lumens on their site) really compete in terms of throw with the Thrunite Catapult V2 (rated 1000 lumens)?

Remember that brightness doesn't always result in more throw. ;)

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should consider Olight M31. It is very good thrower. I measured around 37k lux.

pounder

Newly Enlightened
lol at sr90 on a duty belt..I would love to see that picture.. :laughing:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of distances are you realistically looking at here? You may need to light up a person a football field away, or a km. We don't know, so our suggestions here are a shot in the dark (see what I did there, lol) as to your needs.

Output also doesn't necessarily mean throw. You're looking at lux ratings, there my friend.