• p7

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • police tech focus

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

jamebob93

Newly Enlightened
Hi there.

I'm new here so please tell me if I've posted in the wrong place. Anyway I'm tired of cheap LED torches breaking and am looking to splash some cash on something a bit more rugged. I really like the look of the LED lenser range and have narrowed it down to three: the p5, p7 and police tech focus, which I think will be the most appropriate. I just want a small but powerful flashlight, small enough to slip in the pocket of my jeans forget about. Out of those 3 which do you think would be best? The prices are only £9 different on amazon so its mainly a question of size/brightness ratio.

Look foward to hearing your recommendations

btw - if the p7 is 200 lumens and the p3 is 60 odd, does it mean that the p7 will appear nearly 4 times brighter?

Thanks

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
P7 is a pretty large torch and not recommended for edc but it has good output; the P5 on the other hand would be much smaller and more inconspicuous for edc.

I prefer the police tech focus as it has a twisty focus instead of the push pull focus so that you can set to what you want and it won't budge too much.

:welcome:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big fan of Led Lenser but for your first nice light I would forget all 3 of your choices,much better out there for the same sort of money.Sounds if you are in the UK talking in pounds.

I would suggest to you the Fenix LD10 R,pocket carry,a very good review on the newer R version and easy to buy in the UK.It has 3 modes and runs on a single AA cell.

There are dozens of others to choose from but Fenix would be my choice as your first decent buy and you can buy from the UK vendors on here who offer members a discount code.

If you get your order in before about 3 pm workdays,you will more than likely be playing with it the next subject to our post office services.

Another idea would be to buy a good second hand light from the market place.A member steered me in the direction of a nice minty Romisen on Sunday evening which I bought and waiting for the postman to drop through the letterbox.

jamebob93

Newly Enlightened
42 is too expensive for me. I'd say that £30 or maybe a couple of pounds over is my limit. I think I may go for the p7 as on amazon i can get it for £32. However, there is the possibility of the p5 but will the p7 really be 4x brighter? (200lu vs 60?)Also willthe p7 fit in my pocket, or be easily carrable in a small rucksack?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy these lights in many B+M (bricks and mortar) stores in the UK,you do not need mail order on that brand.

Just check plenty of trade stores they mainly all carry them plus the big electrical accessory shed store found on most UK retail park carries some of there range.

And come back and tell us about the lack of a regulated power source!!