any way to get a narrower P60 beam then 5.5 degrees?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have an electrolumens decree (5.5 degree optic), i like the beam profile a lot. im about ready to have a custom p60 dropin made, anyone know if i can get 5.5 degrees or narrower in a p60?

and how?

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
5.5 as tight as flashlight beams get currently then?

stallion2

Enlightened
i have that same light, there's a lot more flood than i was anticipating. if you want a sharper beam w/ an XP-G then my favorite P60 is a 1.5A lamp from Thrunite. i then paired the pill w/ a reflector from a Solarforce/DX XP-G lamp since Thrunite's is so wide-angle. i'm not sure my setup is w/in a 5.5degree angle but it appears much sharper and has better reach due to a larger percentage of the output focused towards its hotspot.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched and found that 5.5 degree XP-G R5 produces low 6K +/- lux at 1m.

XR-E R2's come with 8 degree optics both from Nailbender and Malkoff and again the lux are similar.

To get a narrow beam you have to go Smooth Reflectored, but the beam will not be as pretty with eighter XP-G or XR-E.

The highest throwing (non-aspheric) P60 drop-in is still an old XR-E R2 SMO Dereelight or similar.

currently; NB is making me a XR-E R2 EZ900 with Smooth Reflector at 1.3A. Potted and with AS5 I hope to get 250ish OTF and 10k~14k lux at 1 meter.

bigC

red02

Enlightened
I searched and found that 5.5 degree XP-G R5 produces low 6K +/- lux at 1m.

XR-E R2's come with 8 degree optics both from Nailbender and Malkoff and again the lux are similar.

To get a narrow beam you have to go Smooth Reflectored, but the beam will not be as pretty with eighter XP-G or XR-E.

The highest throwing (non-aspheric) P60 drop-in is still an old XR-E R2 SMO Dereelight or similar.

currently; NB is making me a XR-E R2 EZ900 with Smooth Reflector at 1.3A. Potted and with AS5 I hope to get 250ish OTF and 10k~14k lux at 1 meter.

bigC
From your private collection?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
BOG module has very focused beam because it's basically big reflector and tiny LED/driver pill.

If I recall this one was 140ish OTF lumens and its just a P60 drop-in with OP reflector. I actually got one as a sample along time ago and its floodier then a M60 by alot.

The ones I mentioned above were from my collection or test subjects.

bigC