Help Identifying Flashlight's L.E.D.

mahlonge

Newly Enlightened
I very recently bought a Dorcy led flashlight, designated 41-4415 by the manufacturer. Lumens are estimated at 200. It is powered by 3 in-line AA alkalines. The beam is bright, and the throw is about 200 feet. The manufacturer says it has a runtime of 5 hours. The beam can be focused into a large-to-small solid spot with no rings. The led is designated "1ro" with a U.S patent date of 9050. The printing on the led is small for my eyes.

I am curious re: knowing more about the led [manufacturer, tested lumens, any other interesting data]. The light seems to me to be a real bargain. It has only one mode, but it is focusable, well made with a very bright beam and easily utilized in general situations. I would appreciate any authenticated information.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Are you asking if its a good buy? Dorcy makes OK flashlights. From your description it sounds like it uses a Cree XR-E R2 LED, or maybe a Q5. That would be an impressive flashlight for any non-flashaholic. Although for the price (~$40), you could buy much better, brigher, longer lasting lights.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
check the emitter index link in my sigline. look like any of the ones in there?