waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
hvp4s8.jpg

http://elektrolumens.com/DeCree/DeCree-XPG.html

how do i make it 3 mode low-med-high ?

spc

Enlightened
Heres what I would do:

Take the pos contact off and possibly shave the heatsink down a little and pot a shiningbeam 3mode on there. It looks like the pos contact is pretty thick so you wouldn't have to shave too much off the sink. Use the pos contact on the driver and ground the neg to the sink.

Quick twists of the tail should change modes...

spc

Enlightened
There ya go!
3 Speed DeCree XP-G

The xpg is directly wired to the driver. I drilled another hole in the heatsink to fit the extra wires through (one that grounds the driver to the heatsink, and the neg + pos wires)

Potted the board directly to the sink. This engine gets screwed back into the host just like before.

someuser

Newly Enlightened
I think you should just leave it stock for the resale value. Also it's good as direct drive for me.

Just get a DX DIY host body for 18650, and you can tinker all you can with the same result or actually better. Using an 3x AMC chip regulator you can get 3 modes plus almost always 95% efficient regulation for an hour or so. Anything more like 4 chips 1.4amp driver will be almost like DD but with PWM dimming. The result is wasted charge from the cell, which means useless. If you want you can even add a TIR optic for the DIY host too or a good reflector.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah... i didnt see this post for a while i lost track of this,

thanks for the modd spc :thumbsup: works well.

not sure if the shining beam driver 'wastes' anything?

but i am sure its nice having the 3 modes.