Been Away, Questions on DBS Competition, Weapon Light

Mattole

Newly Enlightened
I've been away from the forum for a while and so am not up on the latest offerings in the LED world and I have a few questions I am hoping to receive some assistance with.

I own a Deerelight DBS V3 that I am very happy with. The first question I have is if there is anything that beats the performance of this light that is the same or near to the same size. Perhaps a light with at least equal throw but that has more spill.

The second question refers to the fact that I was recently hoping to use this light as a weapon light but the diameter of the head is too large to mount beneath the barrel of the rifle I want to use it on with the light mount that I have. Is there a CR123 or 18650 battery light with a smaller diameter head that is still insanely bright with good throw and at least decent spill?

Thanks very much.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
About DBS - you can try XP-G pill but it works best with separate reflector designed for this emitter ($25).

Mattole

Newly Enlightened
About DBS - you can try XP-G pill but it works best with separate reflector designed for this emitter ($25).

That sounds interesting, thanks.

Any other advice from the Candlemasters out there?