whats the brightest small flash light thats kinda

raggie33

*the raggedier*
imtalking aa mini mag small and a lomg throw beam that bright

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
A high dome luxeon, with an NX05 colimator has decent throw. I have a couple of these on MadMax+ sandwiches.
It doesn't match a reflector, though.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
imtalking aa mini mag small and a lomg throw beam that bright

[/ QUOTE ]
Smaller, and waaay more powerful than the mini-mag are the 2 x 123 type Lithium battery lights like:
1) Streamlight Scorpion ($30.35)
2) Surefire G2-$35.?(& much nicer E2)$75

While they cost more than the $10. mini-mag, and use more expensive batteries, they are about 3-5 times more powerful in light output. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the Streamlight Scorpion.

Here is it compared to a 6D maglite that is running a overdriven 5 cell krypton bulb (the6D's stanrd bulb is yellower and a little less bright.) (look on bottom)

The Scorpion is a little bit shorter than a 2AA maglite but is a little bit thicker. SF G2 is also a good recommendation by membr123. The Streamlight Twin Task 1L's and 2L's aren't as bright as the Scorpion or PM6 and SF's, but the 1L still kicks the aa mag's butt and the 2L whoops the aa mag, then you have the option of LED's for long run time, all for a price of $20.95 or 29.95 respectively from Brightguy.

The lithium 123 cells are pretty cheap is you shop around for the Surfires or dailypowers.

www.batterystation.com/cpf.html has Pelican M6's for sale for $35 shipped.

Here is a beamshot picture I was playing around with a month or two back. The 6D is on top (as I said before a standard 6D bulb will be a little less bright.) Scorpion in the middle and size comparison on the bottom with a Black Hawk Down DVD. I have heard some people call the 2 cell 6 volt lithium lights a 3/4D maglite in you're pocket.

12lights.jpg

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: whats the brightest small flash light thats ki

Definitely, the answer has to be the E2+. That's the E2e modded to use a P61 HOLA for 120 lumens. Details here.

Paul

FNG

Enlightened

$70+$70.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, that's exactly what I paid -- worth it to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

$140 seems kind of step, replacement lamps also run for about ~ $25 for the P61 HOLA's.

Got my Scorpion replacement lamp for $4.50.

SL TL-3 outputs 175 lumens ~ $60

http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.html?cart=1061595600354794&sku=STR88103

SL TL2 outputs 100 lumens ~ $45

http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.html?cart=1061595600354794&sku=STR88102

Review here,
http://flashlightreviews2.home.att.net/reviews/streamlight_tactical.htm

But in the end, everyone has their own preferences, only Surefire I want now is an M6, I'll hopefully get one by christmas (Thanks FNG, never expected myself to spent $300 or so on a light (spare lamps and a spares carrier too.))

Good luck,
Jason

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jason,

The reason that $140 is not too steep is that the E2+ gives all this light from a tiny docile-looking flashlight body. I guess it's the shock and awe factor that I like.

I hope you get your M6 for Christmas. I want one some day too. I've never heard anyone say it's a wimp of a flashlight.

Paul

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to run a P61 HOLA in my Energizer double barrel aaa. Not sure how long it would last (my guess is 2-3 minutes) but give that shock and awe factor that most CPF members like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Finding the smallest light that will output a heck of a lot of light compared to other lights similar in size.

Thats why we are flashaholics right? My dream would be 500 lumens from a E1e with an hour of run time.

Steep for me because I am a college freshman with a pretty small income trying to make the best of it. I've been pretty much a closet case flashaholic, had two 2aa mini mags and a 6D mag. First step into flashaholism was the Nexstar lamps for the mini mags (then hobby went into the closet). Two years later FNG sells me his Scorpion for $20. I am hooked. I swap out the bulb in 6D for a over driven one (which has since blown and a I have a magnum star lamp awaiting testing), 1 Ultra Infinity's (one each to my godparents, one for my cousin, two are awaiting arrival anyday now), a PM6 awaiting arrival along with the 2 infinitys, lots of 123 lithium batteries, 3 Streamlight TT 1L's (gave one each to my parents), inova microlights, an arc aaa le, (two cordura holsters (for 1L and Scorpion), a pocket UV light, bail out bag, and a emergency blanket from county comm just placed.) So I think I got my family well covered with lights, so now its time to save my beans for the M6.

Paul, I really hope I do get that M6. If I go SF, why not get the brightest? I can't imagine what 250 lumens would be (let alone 500.)

Jason

FNG

Enlightened

Youre welcome, Jason. Im wondering if a P61 will fit in a PT Rage.

Latest posts