Got my Preon Revo today.

Fusion

Newly Enlightened
Nice and nifty little light. Reminds me of my Jetbeam.

4950043587_57e6d92a4d_z.jpg

Lumenz

Enlightened
Where is the detailed, in-depth review? Beam shots? Real-world use opinion? How do you like it compared to your other flashlights? What do you not like about it?

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one of these stainless Revo's a few days ago, but got cold feet and cancelled the order when my previous order still hadn't showed up after nearly 2 weeks.

I really want one but will wait to see if my current order arrives safely before ordering again.

It's a really nice looking like and a great size for a key ring. I have no doubt it would be an excellent replacement for my beat up old mag solitare.

Congrats :thumbsup:

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi Bloke.

If you like the 4Sevens ReVo, then you would absolutely love the JetBeam BK135A. It's a single AA torch, has three modes and you can set each mode to any level you want from low to the max 135 lumens.

I have mine set to low - medium - high and it's a great little torch. Slightly longer than the ReVo (about 19mm to be exact) but it's great and not too big for the keys.

I got it from www.ledtorches.com.au. It's not on the website but they are always getting new stock. I gave them a call and sure enough they had them in.

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bloke.

If you like the 4Sevens ReVo, then you would absolutely love the JetBeam BK135A.

Yep that one is on my list of future purchases. :twothumbs

I have 4 Jetbeam lights now. RRT-2, RRT-3, and my RRT-0 and beautiful Element E3S arrived a cuppla days ago

3.jpg

jimahi

Newly Enlightened
I got my Revo today also. I was a little disappointed with the emitter being off center. Has anyone else seen this? I'm planning on exchanging it, but was wondering if this is normal. It doesn't have a drastic effect on the beam, but I do notice some asymmetry in the spill.

Revo00226.jpg

batmanacw

Enlightened
Yep that one is on my list of future purchases. :twothumbs

I have 4 Jetbeam lights now. RRT-2, RRT-3, and my RRT-0 and beautiful Element E3S arrived a cuppla days ago

3.jpg

That light is damn sexy. I might have to pick one up in the near future. How clean is the beam. How is the hot spot?

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
That light is damn sexy. I might have to pick one up in the near future. How clean is the beam. How is the hot spot?

the beam is blueish but smoothly.

jimahi.....the off centered pill is used to this kind of leds and reflectors. If this doesn't effect your beam then is not critical, do not replace it. Surefire's flashlight are most of them have the same out of center pill.

who is complaining about surefire? none of us!:popcorn:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice and nifty little light. Reminds me of my Jetbeam.

4950043587_57e6d92a4d_z.jpg

Thats what I thought from the beginning. I used to own that Jetbeam. I think the Revo is a much improved version. The Jetbeam was so nice from a mechanical aspect that I never understood why they didn't improve on it from an electronics point - maybe they did.

batmanacw

Enlightened
the beam is blueish but smoothly.

jimahi.....the off centered pill is used to this kind of leds and reflectors. If this doesn't effect your beam then is not critical, do not replace it. Surefire's flashlight are most of them have the same out of center pill.

who is complaining about surefire? none of us!:popcorn:

I just ordered one from Light Junction. I am hoping the beam is at least close to that of my revo. My Nitecores are great lights, but the beam leaves a lot to be desired. From the few beam shots I have seen from these lights it should not be a disappointment.

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
I got my Revo today also. I was a little disappointed with the emitter being off center. Has anyone else seen this? I'm planning on exchanging it, but was wondering if this is normal. It doesn't have a drastic effect on the beam, but I do notice some asymmetry in the spill.

Revo00226.jpg
Both my and my brother's SS Revos are the same way but the beam doesn't seem to be affected. I'm very happy with my light which is the first new light I have bought in three years after having drifed away from flashlight collecting. After all, how many lights can one have or use? Since the Revo was ordered I have bought an AA and two AAA Maratacs. So I guess there isn't such a thing as too many flashlights. Oh, and also ordered a Peak Eiger SS pocket body. Since my early flashlight collecting days I have carried a Peak SS Matterhorn 3 led, same SS smooth pocket body and I love it. I think it's time to upgrade in the lumen department so that's where the Revo comes in. My brother also carries and loves his pocket SS Matterhorn and I bought the other Revo as a gift for him.

You know, looking over CPF these past few weeks has shown me there are a lot of other lights that would fit right into my desires. NO, no more lights...
But I'm sure I will get a few more. The Revo is a goodie!

Lumenz

Enlightened
Geeze, down boy! Here is another review that may satisfy your demands.

LOL! I have read the other review. I just like to read other people's opinions of lights. Not everyone is looking for the same thing in a flashlight, so it is great to read lots of reviews to get an idea of what the light is really like since the first people to get a light are usually fans of the manufacturer and their reviews may be a bit biased.

As more people receive and review a light, the more critical the reviews tend to be. With the quality issues that 4Sevens has been having, and I have experienced first hand, I would like to know more about the light before spending money on it.

I wasn't demanding a review, just asking for more info.

Bloke

Newly Enlightened

It's quite floody with a nice smooth even hot spot. I use it as my round the house light so I rarely need to put on high output.
It's a bit on the heavy side for a small light but I like that coz it gives it a nice solid feel :)

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! I have read the other review. I just like to read other people's opinions of lights. Not everyone is looking for the same thing in a flashlight, so it is great to read lots of reviews to get an idea of what the light is really like since the first people to get a light are usually fans of the manufacturer and their reviews may be a bit biased.

As more people receive and review a light, the more critical the reviews tend to be. With the quality issues that 4Sevens has been having, and I have experienced first hand, I would like to know more about the light before spending money on it.

I wasn't demanding a review, just asking for more info.

I can guarantee you that my review is not biased. Mostly, I like to take nice pictures and OTF lumens; I'm far better at that than I am talking about the light. Maybe the nice pictures make it look biased, I don't know. If so, I can start taking plain jane pictures, no close-ups, and even include a couple of out of focus pics ;). Either way, it's all extremely time consuming, especially the runtime testing because I have to stand there holding the light in a dark room for the length of the runtime. Anyway, I don't aim to misrepresent a product.

If I don't notice any problems or kinks, then I don't have any to mention or talk about in the review. I understand completely, and agree with what you're saying about reading multiple reviews, and I do the same thing because not all of these lights are equal; a TON of them are built and sold, but only some of them have problems, while most of them don't, and some people notice little kinks that another man may not notice. It just so happens that I seem to get the ones that don't have any problems :D. Anyway, no need to carry on about it here; I just wanted to say that.

Last edited:

Starchaser

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bloke.

If you like the 4Sevens ReVo, then you would absolutely love the JetBeam BK135A. It's a single AA torch, has three modes and you can set each mode to any level you want from low to the max 135 lumens.

I have mine set to low - medium - high and it's a great little torch. Slightly longer than the ReVo (about 19mm to be exact) but it's great and not too big for the keys.

bedazzLED... are you carrying your BK135A on your keychain?

If you are, can you please tell me how it carries, and how it might compare to the LOD-CE I'm carrying on my keychain now.

I was planning on getting the BK135A to clip on my front pocket, but it doesn't have a clip available. I may end up having to swap it out with the LOD, and put it on my keychain. I would have liked to keep it lookng new for a bit, but without a clip I may not have a choice. :)

Thanks

Last edited: