AAA options

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have been away a good while, and have been reading up since coming back, but there seems to be a lot of movement in certain areas. Anyone who remembers me knows I am real partial to AAA lights for personal carry lights. There seem to be some real new winners in this catagory, and since I have not bought a light in over a year, perhaps it is time.

What are the top AAA recomendations these days, both 1 and 2 cell versions?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The top voted single AAA light in this thread is Liteflux LF2XT. It is also one of the winners for runtime here.
Virtually can be programmed to have any mode, has auto shut off (if you choose to set it) and a built-in battery indicator.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the ITP A3 EOS, seems to be one of the most popular at the moment. They also just released a new version with low med hi instead of med low hi.

The preon revo is new and worth checking out.

The normal preon is also quite popular.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Another good one is the Maratac AAA available from CountyComm. Essentially the same light as the ITP A3 in a tail-standable design. This light can even be had in copper.

Geoff

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want something real small then you can look at Preon ReVO which was only released recently about a week ago by 4sevens.com.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say the Liteflux LF2XT is probably the most advanced AAA light with great features. It is starting to get just a bit big for an AAA light though.

I received the new SS Prevo and it is a fantastic light. What I think this light has going for it is that it is a high power LED with a nice range of outputs in the super tiny size of an Arc AAA. If you are looking for a full featured light in a very small package - this one has you covered. Build quality of the SS version is fantastic - and is still reasonably light for a SS light. The aluminum version with a lithium cell will be extremely light.

The Fenix LOD is not bad but I think the new Revo is nicer and is smaller.

I think Peak makes some very nice AAA lights and a unique about them (besides the different power levels available) is that they offer an optic in different beam patterns as well.

Some of the others that have been mentioned are nice lower cost alternatives.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've got 2 AAA lights, the Fenix E01 and the LD01, like 'em both and if forced to choose, i'd take the E01, its still on the first alkaline AAA that i put in about 3 years ago and in the dark with adjusted eyes, the output is really more than sufficient

Monocrom

Flashaholic
4Sevens just released his Revo model. I love my 2AAA Preon.

Going to be tough to beat the iTP EOS A3 as best all-around AAA keychain light.

And +1 regarding the 2AAA Peak penlight model. (Especially with the momentary tailcap switch installed.)

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Going to be tough to beat the iTP EOS A3 as best all-around AAA keychain light.

Agree. I have the Stainless Steel version of the A3.

I also have an Liteflux LF2XT which has just an awesome beam and I like it a lot. But when the rubber meets the road the itp eos ss A3 is the one I take with me. My brain still prefers a clicky, but real life use screams twisty (hopefully somebody will understand this statement). So in my book the UI is another +1 for A3 over the LF2XT. Both lights have really excellent beams IMO for such small formats.

The TI IlluminaTi is another option. Titanium not ideal for a twisty and kind of strange keychain attachment point, but an interesting option nonetheless.

joe1512

Enlightened
If I were to get an AAA keychain, I would look at the illuminaTI.

example link:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/ti-illuminati-ca1.html

It is fairly unique among keychain lights in that it is titanium for a reasonable price. It also uses an XP-G latest emitter which is unusual. Hence it has 3 modes, 3,30,115 lumen.
Simple twisty interface, with no danger of coming on in your pocket.
Its 50 bucks.

The itp A3 is also excellent and 20 bucks! 80 lumen max as its a bit older tech, but well built. For 25 bucks you can get stainless steel which looks lots nicer, but is heavier.

I personally carry an itp A1 with an RCR123 battery. This gives me over 200 lumens, 3 modes, and I can top off the battery periodically. Its shorter but about twice as fat. Still Ive had no problems with it.

HKJ

Flashaholic
There are many AAA light, especially in the last year many new lights has been introduced. There are beamshot and comparisons of most of them on my website, but I have not included the new 4Sevens Preon ReVo yet.

Here is a picture of some of the AAA lights:
DSC_3763.jpg

Latest posts