Mini Mag Mod Questions

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
I was wandering the isles of my local academy and noticed the new 2AA mini mag with the LED already in it.(probably not that new but i dont get out much)
My questions are, will a Night ize switch still work with this (Im guessing yes)
Is the beam still adjustabul?
What is the lumen output on this LED?
Will a Tera-Lux TLE-5EX fit in it?
I see that the head of this Mini Mag is longer, So is the reflector longer = Better beam and more throw?

And on the Night ize switch dose anyone know how to take off the strobe modes?

Thanks

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
will a Night ize switch still work with this (Im guessing yes)
Depends. Does the tailcap look like the older Mini-Mag with the lanyard hole in it? If yes then yes, the Nite Ize clickie tailcap will work with it. The Nite Ize IQ switch will not since it is a four mode light already and the PWM of the IQ switch will cause the light to jump through all four modes in very quick succession, which will be annoying, to say the least. If it has a round tailcap without a lanyard hole then, no, it will not work with any other tailcap other than the one it came with.

Is the beam still adjustabul?
Yes, the beam is still adjustable.

What is the lumen output on this LED?
About 70 lumens. Some say more like 80 or 90 but I've had mine measured and it gave us around 70 lumens.

Will a Tera-Lux TLE-5EX fit in it?
No, it will not fit. It cannot be made to fit, neither. The new LED comes in a light module and there are no aftermarket replacement modules available for this light, so far.

I see that the head of this Mini Mag is longer, So is the reflector longer = Better beam and more throw?
Yes, it throws a nice, tight beam.

And on the Night ize switch dose anyone know how to take off the strobe modes?
I've never heard of anyone disabling the strobe function on the Nite Ize IQ switch. If anyone has done this then please let me know as I'm interested in this mod as well.

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, Very helpfull.

So if the beam is still adjustabul then how is it switched between modes? All the videos i have seen show the head twisting to change the mode. Im sure im just missing something but if you could dumb it down for me i would appreciate it.

Thanks

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the flashlight off and the head facing away from you:
Twist head clockwise until it turns on for high
Twist head anti-clockwise until it turns off then quickly turn it on again for low
Repeat for the next two modes. If you are already in a mode and do the off/on cycle then it will go to the next mode. If you turn it off then wait two or three seconds before turning it back on again it will turn on in high and the cycle begins all over again.