joe2004

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys long time since i visited this forum. Need Your help again

I'm looking to get a new and better and stronger flashlight

1 that will be smiler in size or a little bigger

2 last longer then Fenix P3D Q5 LED

3 Is brighter then what i have < its a must LOL

4 heard about this LED but have no clue Cree XP-G R5

5 not that i care much but would be nice if it used normal AA instead of the Cr123

thanks for all the help

:twothumbs

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of AA's? Ni-MH or Energizer lithium AA's will provide for about the same outputs, but alkalines definitely won't.

Are you looking for more throw? The XP-G is a great LED, very efficient with lots of output, but it lacks in the throw department... So, while an XP-G based light may actually put out more lumens, it may not appear brighter/as bright as your P3D, because of the overall larger hot spot.

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
i don't care much for the battery as long as its easy to find and not to $$$ lol

ohh and more throw would be nice too

HIDblue

Enlightened
I just bought an Eagletac P20C2 Mark II to replace my Fenix PD30 (which I think used to be the P3D) and have to say that the Eagletac really just puts a huge :grin2: on my face.

It is slightly larger than the PD30, but it's much brighter (300 OTF) using the XP-G R5, has a better beam (albeit cooler), and the build is surprisingly good. If it was the same size as the PD30, I think it would be an ideal EDC.

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
Wow is it really 380 Lumens ? i really like that its more then mine mine is 215 i think

i see T20C2 MKII and also P20C2 MKII is it just the battery difference ?

thanks

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Yup, Eagletac claims 380 lumens at the emitter, but I believe some CPF'ers tested it at 300-305 OTF (out-the-front), and I saw another review on another site that also tested it at 305 OTF. I did a side-by-side beam comparison with my PD30 and it's not even a close contest, but then again the PD30 only puts out 235 lumens at the emitter even though they both use CR123 batts.

The P20C2 only takes CR123 and RCR123 while the T20C2 takes CR123, RCR123 or 18650's. I believe the P20C2 also has 5 hidden modes while the T20C2 has 4 and some other obvious differences in body size, shape, etc.

I chose the P20C2 Mark II for its smaller size and I also took off the pocket clip to make it easier to tuck in my back pocket next to my wallet.

I was a little hesitant about the Eagletac line, but I'm really glad I bought it.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my P20C2 MKII and the quality is good but it's no better than the newer PD30's. The PD30 R4 is ~250 lumens and neither is a thrower, more of medium range light's.

If your really after better quality and brighter look at a Surefire 6P with your choice of drop-in. Their is drop-ins up to 1,000 lumens.

Let There be Light

Newly Enlightened
Yup, Eagletac claims 380 lumens at the emitter, but I believe some CPF'ers tested it at 300-305 OTF (out-the-front), and I saw another review on another site that also tested it at 305 OTF. I did a side-by-side beam comparison with my PD30 and it's not even a close contest, but then again the PD30 only puts out 235 lumens at the emitter even though they both use CR123 batts.

The P20C2 only takes CR123 and RCR123 while the T20C2 takes CR123, RCR123 or 18650's. I believe the P20C2 also has 5 hidden modes while the T20C2 has 4 and some other obvious differences in body size, shape, etc.

I chose the P20C2 Mark II for its smaller size and I also took off the pocket clip to make it easier to tuck in my back pocket next to my wallet.

I was a little hesitant about the Eagletac line, but I'm really glad I bought it.

According to Pacific Tactical Solutions, when asked about the difference between the "P" and "C" their response was :
The T20C2 has a larger reflector/bezel for more throw and the P20 has a smaller head with a larger hot spot for a more usable light. The website lists under the battery specs : Two Lithium CR123A batteries (also compatible with one or two Li-ion rechargeables). So, there are no differences here.

Latest posts