Olight M20S Warrior

jtruckjmc

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my new Olight M20S Warrior Special Ops edition light. I researched this board abought lights before I decided and bought and it was a great resource. I was checking it out tonight and was extremely impressed. This should be a great everyday light for work, home and defense needs.

I want to get 18650 batts for this but am unsure wether I need a button style batt or will flat tops such as the AW 2600 work?
Any help would be appreciated.

bugi

Newly Enlightened
Hi jtruckjmc! I have m20s to, so can you tell me if your m20s has a visible pwm flicker on low mode? Mine has it on some occasions when I turn it on. thanks

jtruckjmc

Newly Enlightened
Check to see that you have all body components screwed together firmly. If loose I did noticed a flicker. You may want to disassembled, clean threads and put a touch of light oil or vaseoline on threads and orings(not too much) I have not had any problems since and love his light, I use it daily at work and around the house. Great light when combined with a weapon...

freejack9

Newly Enlightened
how is the "color" of that light. I am considering buying this but read that it is very "blue".. I'm looking for more of a white light. What do you think?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recieved my new Olight M20S Warrior Special Ops edition light. I researched this board abought lights before I decided and bought and it was a great resource. I was checking it out tonight and was extremely impressed. This should be a great everyday light for work, home and defense needs.

I want to get 18650 batts for this but am unsure wether I need a button style batt or will flat tops such as the AW 2600 work?
Any help would be appreciated.

Either flat or button should work. I use button.

varmint

Enlightened
I use one daily here every night, It has been 100% no flickr at all, I am using the Surefire 123's and still on the same pair since I got the light, they are lasting very well. Mine is the 320 lumen. I use is on the med power and its perfect. I have been waiting for the batteries to go down but not yet! Excellent life from them.
Today for the 1st time I tried the rechargeable 123's in it, very bright

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi jtruckjmc! I have m20s to, so can you tell me if your m20s has a visible pwm flicker on low mode? Mine has it on some occasions when I turn it on. thanks

He isn't talking about a problem, rather the Pulse With Modulation or PWM being visible. Like a flourescent light, the M20s ( side switch ) had a very visable PWM on the R5 side switch model. It is more noticeable to some people. What people notice is a strobe light effect of falling rain & snow, or blades of a fan. A fan blade that is not visible to the eye when running can have its blades somewhat counted by this effect. This effect is most visible on low modes. The light actually turns on and off many times a second.

d337944

Enlightened
I've had the M20S Warrior (XP-G R5 version) for well over a year now, and it still functions perfectly and is very reliable.

It works perfectly with flat top unprotected 18650's, and also protected button top 18650's, due to the flashlight having springs at both the positive and negative ends.

I do notice the PWM on low and medium settings though, and find this very annoying and disappointing. This aside, it's still a great flashlight!

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I have the M20S-X (XM-L) and can't see any PWM in any brightness. Is it just me?

I just ordered (and received) some EagleTac 2400mAh 18650s and they have a button top. They're reliable, decent runtime, fairly inexpensive and had some good reviews. Now I can play with it more and not feel like I'm wasting batteries. I also got some LiFePO4 cr123a batteries that work great too but they're for other single cell lights.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the M20S-X (XM-L) and can't see any PWM in any brightness. Is it just me?

I just ordered (and received) some EagleTac 2400mAh 18650s and they have a button top. They're reliable, decent runtime, fairly inexpensive and had some good reviews. Now I can play with it more and not feel like I'm wasting batteries. I also got some LiFePO4 cr123a batteries that work great too but they're for other single cell lights.

Maybe the PWM issue is gone or no longer visible with the release of the new XML emitter.

Chidwack

Enlightened
Mine is the M20s S2 and I have not noticed any problem at all. If I have to head out the door and I have to grab a tough dependable light, this is the one I grab.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Soda

Newly Enlightened
I was able to notice some PWM on my M20x. Nothing to worry about much, it's quite fast.