Mosquito Control - Worked for me.

epro05

Newly Enlightened
This time of year I have generally have loads of mosquitos in the backyard. Really a nuisance where you're trying cook out, or just chill on the deck. I came across a product that really worked wonders for me. It's called Cutter Bug Free Backyard. It comes in a hose end spray bottle. I picked up a bottle at Lowes, sprayed my backyard and the results were amazing. The mosquitoes just disappeared. The label says its effective for up to 4 weeks, but I think it lasted about two or three weeks for me. The bottle covers about 5000 sq ft and costs about $8.00. I'm not associated in any way with Cutter, but I wanted to let you know about it and am wondering if others have had good results with it.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Epro05, haven't tried it but sounds interesting. What are the warnings for wildlife on it?, if you don't mind checking, I've got a lot of birds that I feed.

Thanks
Joe

epro05

Newly Enlightened
was jlh,
The label doesn't say anything about toxicity to birds so I guess it's OK. It does say highly toxic to fish and bees.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used this in my yard at the previous house. Haven't tried it here yet where I now live on a marsh...

It worked good in our regular yard though. They do say not to spray it on flowing shrubs or trees so that you dont hurt the bees.

bucken

Enlightened
I think I'll get some tomorrow, and try it. Sounds a lot cheaper than the fogger stuff that only lasts a short while.

How wet are you supposed to spray it? Just enough to cover, or must you spray heavier? Any strong odor when you finish?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and it didn't last no 4 weeks for me. I think thats 4 weeks if it doesn't rain hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But it really did make a difference.

Honestly I don't know how much to put on, but the logic I applied was that it should mist the leaves of the grass where the bugs were likely to land. There is no reason you need to soak the ground with it, once it runs under the ground it's not doing any good anymore.

epro05

Newly Enlightened
The odor is very very minor, and only while you're spraying it. An hour later I can't smell it at all.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
If it's rendered useless after a rain then I'm wasting my time. Does sound like good stuff and the mosquitoes are extra bad this year due to all the rain and standing water. Thanks for the info. I may try it.