First post...question about unusual reflectors.

ValeTudoGuy

Newly Enlightened
Hello :wave: I have been lurking here for a while. I first found this place after buying an LED Lenser Police Tech Focus and doing a search on the net to find out a bit more about it, I ended up ordering a Fenix TK11 off the back of reviews here before I even logged off! That was around 8 months ago and I now own 13 flashlights. The TK11 changed the way I look at flashlights and I am finding myself becoming increasingly obsessed and indeed recently I find my thoughts often drifting to thinking about torches and building my own :eek:

My first attempt was a polished balti dish drilled out to accept a 100w H7 car headlight bulb connected to a 12v Lead acid battery I had spare. Its quite bright although I want to go much brighter! :twothumbs

Anyway to the point..... Recently the Traffic lights at the bottom of my road were being re-furbished. I got talking to the workmen and ended up walking away with two reflectors, one from behind the green light which is a roughly
12" parabola with an "orange peel effect". The other from behind the arrow signal is around 15" wide and is a highly polished bowl.
They are both metal and have what I believe is a GY6.35 bulb fitting in the center.

I also got 6 bulbs which are marked as 50w 12v "M32",

My question is. Is there much I could do with these?

I have visions of huge beam cannons. :laughing:

I was wondering if there was a bulb that would fit directly into the current fitting that would give me what i'm after as I would rather keep them intact, I did a bit of research and found some Sylvania 64625 100w M32's which appear to be projector lamps that may or may not be of use?

If not then I would be happy to drill them out to fit whatever is going to give a total wow factor!!!!

I'm sure that you guys will have some fantastic ideas, so thanks in advance for any help.

ValeTudoGuy

ValeTudoGuy

Newly Enlightened
Bump with pics

My estimates were a little off, the smaller of the two is 10" and the other is 12.5"

th_10in.jpg

th_125in.jpg