Surefire Z49 tailcap, any added resistance?

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now I running a 12P or M4 frankenstein type setup, surefire 9P with KT2+A19+MN60. I want to buy a surefire clicky but since I'm already alittle concerned about the added resistance of the A19 cell adapter the last thing I want to do is add any more resistance thus reducing peak output and runtime. Would the surefire clicky tailcap add any more resistance to my setup? Would it be enough to make any difference in output or runtime?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Doubtful. Check a few threads by Moddoo or ElectonGuru regarding resistances of SF tailcap switches.

I'd suggest checking out a McClicky / Z41 from EG.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the response. I'm having a bit of diffuculty finding any of the treads you mentioned though, I'll keep searching.

I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any issues before I dropped the cash for one. I've seen other post talking about resistance in other clickys and I just wanted to make sure that didn't apply to the setup I will be using. I might recall posts in the past talking about reliability issues with surefire clickys, are there any known issues with the Z49?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I don't have much of an opinion on clickies, I use Z41 twisties. My two high-output lights have Moddoo's Z41 tailcap mod for ultralow resistance, but I don't know the strengths/weaknesses of the various clickies. I do gather that the McGizmo designs (such as the McClicky) are very-well thought out though. :shrug:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did soem eperientations with soem clickies and Z41 and the Moodoo mod.....

all clickies beat the z41....

the mooddoo low rez mod is thebest performing like wire closing the circuit...

BUt in regulated drivers you wnot see any difference, though you might be saving on current drawn/battery energy

on direct drive applications it shines