• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND: Crazy Bright Hotwire Mag / Incan Mods for Surefire M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Train

Banned
I am looking to get one last hotwire incan.

I am after either a mag setup or a mod for my M4.

I'm not worried about runtime, this is purely one for fun! Anything considered $50-$300, payment by paypal worldwide.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: Crazy Bright Hotwire Mag / Incan Mods for Surefire M4

I have a red Mac's Torch with engraved TC. It is in good shape. Have a LL battery pack with one cycle on it, havent charged in over a year so I dunno how well it will work. Also have charging setup Mac gave me. Aint pretty but it works. Will sell fopr $150.

Let me know.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Just dug it out, heres some fresh pics. No scratches through the ano, the bezel shows some black stuff where I have set stuff afire. :devil:

utf-8BSU1HMDIxMzItMjAxMDA5MDYtMTUzMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDIxMzMtMjAxMDA5MDYtMTUzMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDIxMzQtMjAxMDA5MDYtMTUzMS5qcGc.jpg

Hammer Train

Banned

Looks like I found it already! Thanks buddy, pm on the way!

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any interest in a 4D Mag mod, using a JimmyM JM-PhD-D1 regulator, Kiu high temperature socket, and PVC sleeve that can hold 5xIMR26500? The regulator can be end-user adjusted via a trimpot to provide a wide range of voltages to the bulb, allowing you to run bulbs such as the WA1111, WA1331, WA1185, Osram 64250, Osram 64440IRC, Osram 64623, Philips 5761, the various Hikaris, FM1909, and many others. Unlike direct drive incandescents, this light is regulated and will deliver constant output for the run time duration that the cells can provide. Also, unlike with direct drive, you set the regulated voltage to the bulb so you don't have to worry about matching battery voltage to bulb voltage to avoid :poof:. The regulator also has soft start, low batt warning, and overtemp warning.

This is the regulator:
JimmyMregulator.jpg

The regulator is installed under the aluminum Kiu base that is attached to the mod'ed D Mag switch (an Osram 64623 is installed in this particular setup):
Mag623switch.jpg

A reflector view of a blue 4D Mag623 mod:
Mag623bulbview1.jpg

Last edited:

Hammer Train

Banned
Justin

How much would you let the 4D mag go for as I might pick this up as well?

I'm certainly interested depending on price!

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
Hammer Train, sorry for this OT post in your thread. Mods, if this post is inappropriate, please remove it. I tried to send a PM to Justin regarding his post above but his inbox was full.

Justin, I've been looking for an AW Mag D incan switch over in the Marketplace for the last week and haven't received any response to my WTB. I'm wondering if you would be able to sell me a modded Mag switch with Kiu base and JimmyM regulator like the one shown above.

Cheers,

James

jaundice

Enlightened
I just want to add that I have two of Justin Case's Mag623 setups. I have many lights that he's built or modded for me, for which I paid full price for. His work is top notch!

If you go with the mag623 setup, you'll be running 160 watts of power in a 4D maglite! This is a serious firestarter. Another customer of Justin's posted a video on youtube showing how much juice this thing is kicking off.

The awesome part of these lights is that it runs fully regulated -- there is no decline in output as the batteries run lower. You'll get the same output throughout the run.

As Justin mentions, he can set the voltage to run any bulb you want. I'm currently running a Hikari 5033 in one of mine, for less output, but more runtime. I've always been an LED guy, mostly due to regulation. Now that I have these, I'm really seeing the advantages of incan.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.