holly molly thease wings are hot

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i made my own sauce outa habenoi peppers and made the wings useing hab sauce.well therse almost to hot but so good.i love hot food.any ohters here like hot food, and have recipes for wings?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gosh, I love hot wings and always have a few foam cups in the freezer full of the latest sauce from the last place I ate hot wings and found the sauce to be good. I probably have 4 or 5 cups in there from years ago :/ I don't have any recipes, but would love to hear some from any CPF'ers.

Dan

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like everything hot. I buy spices of all sorts from ethnic store and experiement with hot stuff from India, Korea, and other SE Asian countries. But what I use the most of is the hot pepper sauce. I get it already prepared, out of the bottle. And, oh yeah, I get the big bottles -- 32 ounces from Sam's. The little ones don't last very long.

Raggie33 -- it sounds like the store-bought sauce would be too mild for you. From your description, I would think you would drink the stuff that I use right out of the bottle. Maybe I should get the really hot peepers and make my own sauce, as you do. Hmmm. I'm glad you started this thread. Perhaps I'll see some good recipes for sauce.

Paul

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i buy store bought stuff some times as base for my homemade sauce. i by it in gallon jugs.when i was in fla we had a store that only sold hot sauce .some of that sauce was insane,i belive one of the good one was daves insanty sauce

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man. As I read this, I'm getting hungry. I get up in the morning and go to CPF, munching on breakfast as I go. But then I get involved here and sometimes don't have lunch until 4 or 5 PM. Not gonna happen today. I'm gonna get some of that insanity soon.

Can you give us a list of what (and approximately how much of each) you add to the hot sauce?

Paul

raggie33

*the raggedier*
try this you can get habs from publix or other good grocers.chocalte habs are the hotest but orange ones are hot to expermate if it aint hot enough add more peppers but id start off slow you can add more if it aint hot enough.
Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
12 whole Habanero peppers, fresh hand picked
5 whole dried, smoked jalapenos (fresh ok too)
2 whole papayas
3 tablespoons onion chopped
1/4 cup vinegar (+)
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch cinnamon (can omit if desired)
1 pinch garlic
1/4 cup mustard (-)

Hydrate the dried jalapenos. Retain approx. 1/4 cup of the liquid.

Chop all solids. Throw into blender with liquid ingredients. "Liquify" for a good, long time ... goal here is to do away with all chunks of anything. Note: I left seeds & "flesh" of peppers intact. For a more mild sauce, you may want to extract these

Once mixture is very smooth, cook over very low heat for 30-60 minutes. Stir often. During this time, taste (as much as you are able to), and add add'l amounts of desired ingredients until you acheive the taste you desire. Goal is to come up with a sauce that is sweet at first taste, then leaves a healthy amount of pain as the taste fades away.

Remove from heat, cool 30-60 minutes.

Strain mixture to extract liquid, leave behind seeds, pulp, etc. This will take a while - be patient.

Store extracted liquid in an air-tight container, or in a sealed bottle. Time will increase heat & taste.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
no problem.i cant wait to next year im going to grow a bunch of tomatoes and peppers. i tryied ppers this year but im not a great gardener.but next year im going to spend a lot more time doing it. there is nothing better then fresh tomatoes . and fresh peppers are even better. plud lots of my fav peppers are imposable to find at local store. ya got to know some one to even get the seeds.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
While reading this, how many other people had their mouth water to the point of nearly drooling?

I guess my mind is in pretty good control over my salivation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

Anybody ever had the Atomic Wings from "Quakersteak" (sp) in the Ohio/Pa area? I was in tears it was so hot.

-Jason