Would You Use a CPF Smartphone App??

Vernon

Enlightened
I'm using an Iphone4 and love accessing CFP on Safari. BUT. What there were a CFP App?

Post your thoughts on a dedicated app for CFP. I'm thinking it might resemble something like TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog) app where manufacturers and users alike would be able post news, reviews, updates, collections, etc (with rules and parameters, of course).

Would you use it?

What kind of information should be allowed/included?

Larbo

Enlightened
Sounds like as kool idea, I have been using internet explorer on my windows based phone when Iam out, only thing is I cant post with it, but an App would be welcome.

Canuke

Enlightened
Reference data, gathered from the years of knowledge available here, available for quick access would rock the house, perhaps like a mini-Wiki.

Examples would include collected information on the performance characteristics of various battery chemistries (especially now that Battery University is getting a bit behind the times; since 2003 we have several lithium variants and NiZn).

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been polishing my iphone programming skills lately, so I may be of interest if people wanted some kind of app. I was thinking of doing an app for LPF, with laser divergence and power density and whatnot and I have a pretty cool prototype app going, but I don't want to spend $100 to register as a developer just so I can make a free app that won't get too much use. But I'll pay attention here I guess.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have a Verizon droid HTC Incredible. Needed the network, so iPhone was ruled out. Froyo 2.2 just came out for android. Sweet.

Greta

Flashaholic
Before anyone starts putting anything together... there would be some serious issues with regards to the use of the CPF name and reproducing CPF info and representing it as being associated with CPF... FWIW... :tsk:

mrartillery

Enlightened
What exactly would it do that you couldn't already do from a mobile browser? I just keep it bookmarked on my mobile browser. :thumbsup: