EagleTac M2SC4 - opinion?

bourza

Newly Enlightened
browsing through and found this little "gem" - love the look of it.

From my high post count (I jest) I demonstrate a very low knowledge of torches.

This torch looks to be hopefully my second acquistion - anyone used one/compared it to other comparable torch/s?

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac now has a newer model of the M2SC4 called M3C4. You might wanna google on it.

utlgoa

Enlightened

M60 Features:

● Luminus SST-50 LED, with a lifetime of 50,000 hours;
● Three levels of constant output, one strobe mode
Three modes constant output: 800 Lumens (1hrs) - 180 Lumens (4 hrs) - 13 Lumens (28 hrs)
Strobe mode: 800 Lumens
● Digital Sensor Magnetic Control system, slightly twist the Rotator Ring to select from different modes
● Constant current circuit, constant output
● Effective range of 300 meters
● Using 6*CR123A batteries (this light can be activated by using 2 or 4 CR123A batteries as well, same output and shorter runtime)
● Working voltage: 4.5~9V
● Reflector of good quality maintains both great throw distance and spread, perfect beam pattern
● Dimension: 161.8 mm (length) x 57 mm (head diameter) x 40 mm (body diameter)
● Weight: 240g(battery excluded)
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy
● Military Specification Type III hard anodized
● Waterproof accords with IPX-8 standard
● Ultra-clear toughened glass lens resists scratches and impacts
● Tail stand and can be used as a candle
● Accessories: lanyard, O-ring

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201008/36.html

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2SC4 is a nice light as is the M2XC4 and M2C4. Don't bother with any of the new M3 versions of this light because they are all not as bright or throwy as the lights they replace. Exception is the M3XC4 (triple xp-g) which may be slightly brighter at the expense of throw. The M3C4 is much worse than the old and has really low output for a light that uses two 18650 or 4 cr123a.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember that M60R uses CR123A exclusively so it's quite expensive 1 hour of light.

burntoshine

Enlightened
i like it a lot; i got the neutral white version.

it replaced my tk40.

it has a slight doughnut hole in the beam, but it's not that noticeable outside in the real world.

and i love the selector ring!

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
I'm also waiting for a M2C4 ;) I wouldn't think about the M3, since it seems to have a massive lack in output. 409 OTF Lumens in Turbo is ridiculous.
And personally i woulnd't pay the price for that M60R, from which i haven't yet seen any measurements.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I have the M3C4 3xXP-G and it is a superb light. Floody? Yes, but so impressively powerful that it throws further than you might expect. To solve the flat-top battery problem I just transferred an M2 battery caddy from one of my M2 lights to the M3 and it worked perfectly. The usually intelligent Eagletac designers really dropped the ball with these new, highly impractical battery caddys. Hopefully Eagletac will quickly correct this design error by sending out the old caddys free to every M3 purchaser.

I doubt that Eagletac's original M2 thrower, the M2XC4 3x XR-E R2 will be surpassed until an LED of identical or smaller area with superior surface brightness is developed. The new smaller-diameter XP-E's (XR-E's?) are evidently not significantly brighter than current models, though they might produce a tighter beam. (Please correct me if this is not accurate).

So if the M2XC4's (6000K white LEDs for maximum throw) are still available and cheaper than the M3 equivalent they would be a better buy. However, your personal needs might prefer the M3 version's more flexible UI and improved handle. (I don't know if they have managed to improve the new version's efficency).

The M3 models have an improved handle/battery container design. One of its several practical features is a lock-out that occurs with only a 180 degree turn, rather than having to unscrew the handle almost until detachment. This makes carrying to avoid parasitic drain but quickly ready for action much more convenient.

Brightnorm

Last edited: