Streamlight (need advice)

Swift

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading thousands of threads over the last yr trying to come up with the light that will suit my specific needs.
Yesterday I registered cuz I may have found it!
I'm lookin fo a light for deer huntin only that will provide my with a nice diffuse spot for walikn in if it's that dark and ability to throw a nice beam oh say 15 yds or so. It must be rather small. Have a decent run time. Able to handle the elements.
I'm stuck on wether to choose the SL 2L twin task or the SL 3AA TT.
The 2L is a better size for throwin in the fanny pack but want to make sure the 2L will not have a major disadvantage in the run time and output.
ALL comments welcome and THANKS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I should probably tell ya a 2AA mini mag has served rather well over the last 15yrs+.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had my 3C TT for about a month now, great light. From what I understand it is the brightest of the Twin Task Line.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice; either will give you enough light for walking, the advantage going to the 3C with 6 LEDs. The 3C has a lot better run time also. The Xenon beam of either is OK. For your purposes, either will give adequate run time; I'd make the choice based on size and weight. I've been deer hunting for a lotta years, and everything I don't carry in, I don't have to carry out......

Spectrum

Newly Enlightened
<<I'm stuck on wether to choose the SL 2L twin task or the SL 3AA>>
You would really like the 3AA. It is a little longer than the Mini, but much brighter and longer runtime.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent. didn't want to take up bandwidth with another long rant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

steve_vance

Enlightened
here's my two cents: why not a 3C 10-LED ProPoly? Although everyone seems to be recommending the TTs, I prefer the ProPoly because it's MUCH lighter, and the yellow color makes it easy to see if you lay it down. Brightness is superb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
Swift
I have the 3C Twin-Task and I love it. Mine was $30.00 from BrightGuy. A lot of flashlight for $30.00 and the cheap batteries are nice.

I also agree with Vance that the 3C 10 LED ProPoly would be a good choice. That one is on my to buy list. I spent 30 years working for the government, then I retired and got a real job. The job I have now, I use any over time money for my hobbies (have too many hobbies). My last over time bought me a Scorpion and holster for it. The rest I gave to my grandson. He loves for me to work OT because he knows he is going to get some of it. The next time they ask me to work on Saturday I will probably get a 3C 10 LED and my grandson will get another Lego Transformer.

Speaking of Deer hunting, one of my hobbies use to be bow hunting for deer. My last bow hunting trip I got stuck up in the top of this tall tree deep in the woods after dark with nothing but a min-Mag. NEVER AGAIN.

James

Swift

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the input guys!

A 3C light is not an option to me, I like to travel light in the woods and only have a large fanny pack to stow all my gear.

I'm leaning toward the SL 2L as their site has it putting out 30+ lumens more than the 3AA. If I need a light for longer than the light plus an extra set of batteries I'll be spending the night by a fire.

I need to know is the 2L capable of throwing a good 15yd or
so beam?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swift-The 2L Twin-Task is only slightly less bright than a SL Scorpion, or SF G2. You can throw a heck of a lot further than 15 yards with this light. Longer run time is an advantage with the Xenon; the LEDs will run longer than you will need them. SL rates the Xenon at I think 2 1/2 hours, the LEDs at 20 hours.

Best value around anywhere. Pulling it out of your pocket will not shread your jeans, it doesn't have octagons/hexagons, or ribs, which to me, only belong on some lonesome womans wishful condom.

A good flashlight should be round, with just enough knurling so as not to drop the blasted thing with wet hands.

I await the tongue lashing from the ever present Surefire worshipers......

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
TT 2L is great!

It is my primary EDC! It is such specifically because the LEDs are bright enough MOST of the time, but the Xenon is there if I need it.

I tried a Minim*g with an Opalec, bright enough for most use, but couldn't get any brighter. I carried MM with Madmax for a while. It was too bright some of the time.

The 2L is a beautiful comprimise!!! And in Silver it won't disappear TOO easily in the dark.

It's a no-brainer!

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:
Best value around anywhere. Pulling it out of your pocket will not shread your jeans, it doesn't have octagons/hexagons, or ribs, which to me, only belong on some lonesome womans wishful condom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey!!! Give us some warning when you're gonna post something like this... got coffee all over my keyboard!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Swift

Newly Enlightened
Bill where abouts in Maine ya from?
I lived there for 6 yrs right after the wife and I hooked up!
Lived in Livermore Falls/Livermore/Jay all the same place to me but THEY sure didn't think so!!
I'll be picking up the SL 2L this weekend!
I'll let ya all know how she fairs.