Bought my first lithium flashlight

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Scorpion last night, tried it out and I am most impressed with this little gem. It will serve as a back up to my other two gems, a Rechargeable Streamlight Ultrastinger & Stinger HP/XT.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did well, the Scorpion is the best value around. Great beam, and brightness, and you don't have to mortgage the house when the bulb goes (there is a spare in the head assembly).

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
I have a Scorpion on the way from BrightGuy. It is supposed to get to me Tuesday. I also ordered 3 extra bulbs and a holster for it. I wish I hadn't ordered the holster because last night I seen one that I like better.

This will be my second Lithium flashlight. Two weeks ago I ordered a box of 12 Surefire Lithium 123 batteries, from BrightGuy, for only $20.00. That is for sure a better price than I can get Lithium batteries for locally.

James

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
John, I didn't know that the Scorpion had an extra bulb in it. Thanks for the information. Of course I would have found out after I get mine this coming Tuesday.

James

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's under the back of the bulb assembly under a silver colored cap. If someone didn't tell you, you'd never know it was there.

Don't lose the cap, it needs to go back in place.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read the instructions when you get it.
I love my Scorp, always get compliments when I use it at work [doing security].
Got one with me and one in the wife's car.
Mine has the factory belt clip thats really handy! But can be uncomfortable if held for a long period of time.
I'm sure you will be really satisfied.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first lithium I got from fellow member FNG. I will never part with this light. I love it, my first step into flashaholism after a long period of hiding in the closet trying to contain my flashaholic nature.

Thanks FNG! All I lust for now is an M6.....

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LightofMine said:
John, I didn't know that the Scorpion had an extra bulb in it. Thanks for the information. Of course I would have found out after I get mine this coming Tuesday.

James

Yes indeed. The Scorpion does ship with a spare bulb and like the folks say in this thread, the instructions that come with the Scorpion will tell you. I cannot think of another flashlight that will give you more bang for your buck for $35. The spare bulbs are reasonably price which makes it ideal...

[/ QUOTE ]

FNG

Enlightened
If not a Scorpion than the new TL-2 for $10 more. They both use the same bulb, but not sure if its the same reflector.

Spango

Newly Enlightened
How is this compared to the Pelican M6? I understand that they are around the same price, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif