Am I S-O-L?

TwinBlade

Enlightened
I had an iTP A4 come in today. Great little light. I also have an iTP A1. After comparing the 2, I noticed that it might be possible to swap the heads on the 2 flashlights, and sure enough, it worked. Well I put the A1 head (single CR123 flashlight) on the A4 body (2 CR123 flashlight) and after working the 3 ranges of light, I got to high, it stayed on about 1 second and then the LED quit shining. I was like CRAP! I put the A1 head back onto the body it BELONGED on and it does not work.:oops::eek:

So, do I have a chance of getting it warrantied? Can they tell if there was misuse?:confused:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
:oops:. Looks like you fried the driver of your A1 as the A1 can accept up to 4.2V. That means you exceeded the voltage range of your A1 when you put it in to your A4 that is equal to 6V. Try contacting your dealer for this matter.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
OK thanks. That's what I will do. I think I bought it at Battery Junction so I will gove them a call tomorrow.

You know, I wouldn't have done that if I knew what was going to happen. Lesson learned.:whistle: :D

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to preach...but what you should do is tell them you screwed up by switching the heads. I damaged a light by putting in a battery backwards- told the dealer, and he still gave me a new light. He didn't have to, but it shows that we have a lot of very fine dealers here.

Four sevens was my above and beyond dealer.... maybe you'll have a great story for us later.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, the guys at Battery Station do visit the forums from time to time so lying is not a good idea.

However, I can't remember who I've always dealt with at BS, but I think it's Mike. He is a great guy. If you didn't know that would happen, just tell them.

One good thing about people involved in the flashlight hobby is how much generosity exists. I wouldn't be half surprised if someone on the forums just gave you a new head.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Well I am a pretty honest fella and tell it as straight as it is for the most part. The last time I ever got pulled over was for speeding. I had my license in hand out the window and when the cop came up to me, I said, "About 72?" He answered with a smile, 71 actually. I never got a ticket but he sure could have given me one.

I will call Battery Junction and tell him the deal. Regardless of what shakes out, it was my dumb stupidity (or ignorance actually) that got me into this situation. I am certainly not expecting it to be replaced.

I am just glad I have a few lights to fall back on. LOL! :D

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Uh they will if they read this. :whistle:
LOL! I actually meant if they can determine the cause of what happened by testing or looking at it. I think it would be easier to replace one little component in the head vs the whole thing, but then again, that takes time and labor so I dunno...:thumbsup:

TwinBlade

Enlightened
That is a great point my friend. More companies really need to institute the badger clause. It is a great way of simplifying things. Agreed?

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Well, I called them up and they said there was nothing they could do. Guess that answers my "Am I SOL" question doesn't it?

Oh well. At least it wasn't a $150 Surefire. $25 is a lot easier pill to swallow.

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
Guess that means you are now officially classified as a badger.

Cheap lesson...you should see some of *my* screwups.

(wife #1, wife #2...the list goes on)

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Guess that means you are now officially classified as a badger.
Yeah, well I've been labeled as worse. :D Besides, it gives me an excuse to get that Fenix PD10. Simple light, no strobie flashy stuff, plenty small.:thumbsup:

That reminds me, I tried calling you last night. I gotta shoot you a PM...