• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TRADED - Mint Makai with options

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is traded - thanks for looking!

Folks - I start this thread as many a sales thread has started - I hate to do this, but...:eek:
My collection needs some thinning, and unfortunately this beautiful specimen - rarely used - a shelf queen, will be released to someone who will hopefully take full advantage of, as Kiessling put it, "The total awesomeness of Makai."

She's a beauty. I'm hesitant to ever describe a light as "perfect", but this one is darn close. Although it was rarely used (mostly for beam shots and photos), I loved having it around because it is so nice to look at!

So without delay, I offer you two choices:

Makai head, 2x123 McClicky Pak, and 1 new AW 17670 battery for $540 or - ***Traded***

Makai head, 1x123 McClicky Pak, and 1 new AW RCR123 for $480.

I have no interest in parting any of this out - one package or the other, please. I have no extra heads or Paks!

Prices are PAYPAL GIFT ONLY - for credit card or other payment where fees are involved, option 1 becomes $562 and option 2 becomes $500.

Price includes second day Fedex fully insured shipping, CONUS ONLY. For international, please contact me - will charge actual price of EMS insured with tracking MINUS $20.

Prices are firm and reflect a certain reluctance to part with this beauty.

As always, first unconditional "I'll take it" posted here takes priority over other forms of communication, although if you have questions please feel free to email or PM. Email address is [email protected] and that is also my Paypal addy. Prompt payment expected.

Some eye candy to help you decide:

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

On the 2x123 McClicky Pak
IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

Beam shots - this is an amazing throw light that generates virtually no heat.
Debris pile is 100 feet away...
IMG_3227.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

Really nice combination of throw and spill!!
IMG_3277.JPG

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Last edited:

taewoopa

Enlightened
Re: **FS** Mint Makai with options

What an attractive sale option !!
It won't be last long..

Good luck with your sale , Dan ..

fyrstormer

Banned

It does do a great job of putting photons downrange, doesn't it? I bet an enterprising soul with a soldering iron and an SST-50 could turn it into a bonafide monster light.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Toby - thanks for the questions/comments.

Canon EOS40D with a Sigma 18-50 2.8. Shutter at 4 seconds, ISO1250, f/6.3

Here is a Haiku XPG with the exact same positioning and settings for comparison...

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

Thanks! :wave:

fyrstormer

Banned

Hmmm - know anyone like that? :naughty:
Well, I know at least one person already had their Makai fitted with a single-mode driver that could run an SST-50 at high power. IMO a really good solution would require a 3-mode driver that can run on two CR123s so it could supply lots of amps to the SST-50, but that's in the works from Don's OEM as well as the Sandwich Shoppe, so it's only a matter of time before it becomes a reality. In any event, the pictures you posted make it very clear the Makai is good at throwing whatever it's given to work with.

Here's an animated .GIF for a head-to-head comparison. Note the mound of dirt behind the trees:

Haiku-Makai.gif

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a great deal from a #1 CPF seller! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

If my budget were not blown already, I would be on this one.
I had the chance to hold one at Don's place. Great light, but his yard wasn't deep enough to truly see the throw.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Traded - Thanks, Daniel!

I took enough photos and beam shots to fondly remember the light, and I'm glad you'll now get to use it!

easilyled

Flashaholic

Traded - Thanks, Daniel!

I took enough photos and beam shots to fondly remember the light, and I'm glad you'll now get to use it!

Thank for accepting the trade Dan.

The Makai appears to be yet another McGizmo classic and also quite rare in the respect that it is intended to be a thrower.

I hope you'll equally enjoy the lights coming your way too. :)

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM me if this happens to fall through.
I would consider the single 123 minus the battery (int'l shipping may be an issue)

easilyled

Flashaholic
This beautiful light arrived today in the UK with extra speedy shipping. I asked run4jc to hold it for me while I was on holiday recently.

Not only is this light in absolutely immaculate condition, but run4jc also included some extra gifts for me - an amazingly generous portion of a special blend of Krytox as well as an equally sizable stash of spare SPY007 O-rings.

I can only add to what everyone else has already said of Dan. Truly one of CPF's finest. An absolute pleasure to deal and liaise with.

Many thanks, Dan.