New Dorcy LED Light that lasts 200 hours?

Stealthnet

Newly Enlightened
I saw this light on QVC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif a couple of nights ago that they were raving about lasting 200 hours, waterproof, etc. At $11 each it doesn't sound too bad, but just wanted to hear what the CPF members think... I tried searching the archives, but I couldn't find a mention of it.
Set of 2 Dorcy Waterproof Flashlights w/ Forever Bulbs

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stealthnet said:
I saw this light on QVC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif a couple of nights ago that they were raving about lasting 200 hours, waterproof, etc. At $11 each it doesn't sound too bad, but just wanted to hear what the CPF members think... I tried searching the archives, but I couldn't find a mention of it.
Set of 2 Dorcy Waterproof Flashlights w/ Forever Bulbs

[/ QUOTE ]
Same as Wallymart sold me a year ago (1 flashlight) @8.99.

Zman

Enlightened
This is a single LED light,(Nichia or Nichia like bulb) one of the first ones I ever bought 2-3 years ago. They used to be available at your local Walmart for around $9. I've learned (and spent) much since then. I'm not that much of fan as the light has very little spill and the output of a single Nichia style bulb isnt that great. Now I'm not sure there are many other lights in that price range, so you may want to try it out anyhow. Stepping up in price gets you into more interesting multi-led or Luxeon star Led based lights. Hope that helps!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
These look like Dorcy Cool Blue, or Turtlelight 1 flashlights. (LEDCorp licensed their LED blub to Dorcy, so please hang up those phones if you were calling your favourite patent lawyer).

I have this flashlight right here if you're interested.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the Blue aluminum version of that light, but it was quite dim, and the beam was so narrow that I didn't use it much. For lighting up a whole room like a night light, it does quite well.