NiteCore Infilux IFE1 XPG-R5 Overview - Lots of Pictures

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a preview of the soon to be released Infinitely Variable Infilux IFE1 XPG-R5 from NiteCore. The sample was kindly provided to me by the guys at LightJunction.com.

Well, I have had the light since yesterday and I can't wait till they ship. I must have one. I have had a few NiteCore lights and this one is just a beauty. Nice fit and finish, beautiful beam, outstanding UI, and just feels nice in the hand. From what I understand, there are two more models to be released also. A 2xCR123 model, and a 2xAA model. The action on this thing is just so smooth. It is one continuous ramp from a very nice low of 0.1 lumen, all the way up to a whopping 285 lumen. I really like the UI on this. The ring just works very well. At the bottom of the ring it sits in an indent/off postion. You turn the ring to the right to start ramping up, or turn it to the left for a strobe. You can leave the ring at any position for it to come back on in the level you wish. The light is activated by a forward clicky. The XPG-R5 puts out a very nice beam. This is the first XPG-R5 I have seen with a smooth reflector. Still a nice smooth beam with a more intense hot spot.

link removed

I am glad we are getting close to the release of these lights. I have been wanting one ever since I first heard about them.

Below is what there is so far of the manufacturer's description, and then all the pictures I took. I will try to answer questions as best as I can.

NiteCore said:
A smart ring light with unlimited modes! You can get infinite output ranging from as low as 0.1 lumen to 285 lumen by simply rotating the smart ring control!

IFE1/IFD2 adopts a new generation of Smart Ring design, a rotary selector with infinitely variable brightness function (similar to Surefire Titan), also comes with strobe mode. The light head is compatible with Surefire E1 series (using one single CR123 battery), equipped with CREE XP-G R5 LED, Max output reaches 285 Lumens and Min output as low as 0.1 Lumen.

Features:

• Infilux line is NC's top product line.
  • Compatible with the Surefire E Series tube.
  • Not only rotary switch, but also tail switch, could be tactical application.
  • Rotary selector with infinitely variable brightness function
  • Using the newest CREE XP-G R5 LED.
  • With strobe mode.
  • IFE1 uses one CR123A battery.
  • The diameter of the head: 23mm
  • The biggest diameter of the body: 23mm
  • The Total length: 102.3mm
  • Weight without battery: 65g

Now on to the pictures....Enjoy!

Dsc01744.jpg

Dsc01745.jpg

Dsc01746.jpg

Dsc01747.jpg

Dsc01748.jpg

Dsc01751.jpg

Q Mini 123, Milky ME1B, JB RRT-0, NiteCore D10, NiteCore IFE1
Dsc01756.jpg

1 Meter at highest output
Highest.JPG

1 Meter at lowest output
Lowest.JPG

Control shot for some comparison shots. 25ft to door. All lights at max output.
25%20ft.jpg

Infilux IFE1 XPG-R5
NiteCore%20Infilux%20IFE1.JPG

EagleTac P20C2 Mll XPG-R5
EagleTac%20P20C2%20Mll.JPG

Q Mini 123 XPG-R5
Q%20Mini%20123.JPG

JETBeam RRT-0 XPE-R2
Jb%20rrt-0.jpg

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some outdoor beamshot comparisons. It is almost 30 feet from my deck to the fence. All pictures are shot at the same settings(ISO 200, [email protected]). The first four are XP-G R5 lights and the last three are XP-E R2 lights. The contenders are NiteCore IFE1, EagleTac P20C2 MKll, Q Mini 123, Q Mini AA, NiteCore D10 SP, JETBeam JET-l PRO V3, JETBeam RRT-0. Here we go.....

The Playing Field
B.jpg

NiteCore IFE1
NiteCore%20IFE1.JPG

EagleTac P20C2 MKll
EagleTac%20P20C2%20MKll.JPG

Q Mini 123
Q%20Mini%20123.JPG

Q Mini AA
Q%20Mini%20AA.JPG

NiteCore D10 SP
NiteCore%20D10%20SP.JPG

JETBeam JET-1 PRO V3
JETBeam%20JET-1%20PRO%20V3.JPG

JETBeam RRT-0 R2
JETBeam%20RRT-0%20R2.JPG

Here is the comparison of the blue tinted original against three random lights I chose from the shipment they got yesterday. Nice creamy white tints....thank God!

The original is all the way to the right.
IFE1-beamshot_01a.jpg

Pictures with heads and bodies switched.....Now to work on video :grin2:

Dsc01768.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
Re: NiteCore Infilux IFE1 XPG-R5 Preview - Lots of Pictures

wow,

i'm thinking of getting one. But i wait for more reviews. Lets see!!!

The head from the front it reminds me a lot the RRT-0. also the tail.

Very nice job.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened

Very nice. This light looks more promising all the time, especially with 1 and 2 x 123A formats. :thumbsup:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thx for the preview Rob! This has piqued my interest especially since it's E series compatible.

Any chance you can show respective lego's of each (e.g. E head on IFE1 and vice versa)?

Thx!,
Tim

Incidentalist

Enlightened

Thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the 18650 model that's coming out later.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like a very cool tint, almost blueish, do you know if that is the same emitter they will be using for the final run?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tlooks like avery cool tint, almost blueish, do you know if that is the same emitter they will be using for the final run?

Not loving the blue tint, hopefully it looks worse that it really is/will be.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a pre-production model sent to LightJunction for testing. I will try to find out what emitters will be available. All I know for now is that it will be an XPG-R5. I have to go to work now, so I will try to get some more info and I'll be back this evening.

ss355

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the info, Rob. I'm really interested in this light, so I appreciate the review.

ky70

Banned

Thanks for the review, this was a good read and a nice video. I like the sound of the UI. I'm dissappointed in the length of this CR123 light as I would want my non 18650 single cell lights to be less than 100mm long.

Edit: Looking at 102mm on a ruler, that length is not too long at all. Though I may like small, this light is still plenty "small enough" for EDCing.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have one IFE1 on preorder. If I'll like everything of it, it will displace my JetBeam RRT-0 as my main EDC.

Anthony

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened

Thank you for this very useful and informative preview. You say the ring can be left at any particular position and the torch will come on at that brightness, well, that's just what I like. Looks like I might have to get me one of these little buggers when they come out for sale. Looks like excellent tint for contrast too.

RGB_LED

Enlightened

Thanks for this and the video is also great in describing the light's function. Any idea if NiteCore will make a 1xAA / 14500 body?

NightKids

Enlightened

This light looks good but whatta shame I have too many lights in this genre!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

:caution:

At the bottom of the ring it sits in an indent/off postion. You turn the ring to the right to start ramping up, or turn it to the left for a strobe.

When ramping down, did you ever unintentionally turn the ring past this off position? Is it a hard stop you have to consciously overcome, or more of a tactile indication that's easy to turn through if you're not looking for it?

by the looks of the button, that thing's not tailstanding very well either. so many models are close like that, but fall short. also wish they'd have left the tail as wide as the widest point of the body where the clip attaches (is that 23mm or 25mm btw because i've seen both listed), & then completely covered the button. but of course a plain tube is not a tactical enough shape.

o.t. but has anyone seen a photo of this one with the 2xAA body? i see those for sale too, but listed with a pic of this model in the description instead. anyway great review, thanks for taking the time.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Very nice!

Might have to pick one up. :)

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

I assume the beam shot you took in the hallway was with a 3v 123 and not a rechargeable - and if it was then its still really bright, I wonder how bright it would be.... :whistle:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes I'm using a 3v primary. I have not found out if it can use rcr's yet.

I assume the beam shot you took in the hallway was with a 3v 123 and not a rechargeable - and if it was then its still really bright, I wonder how bright it would be.... :whistle: