Fusion 48 in Makita 18v, blown circuitboard

dosmun

Newly Enlightened
I put one of the Fusion 48 Showerheads in a Makita LXT 18v light. It worked great but after about 20 minutes the light died. The LED module still works but something in the circuit in the light died. Could this be from using this showerhead?

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
could be the board is designed to use the aluminum body light as a heatsink and a plastic body makita light doesn't heat sink any causing a circuit to overheat.

dosmun

Newly Enlightened
There is actually a circuit in the Flashlight body itself that went bad. The Fusion module still works fine. I was just wondering if the Fusion caused the circuit to draw more current than it could handle.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
There is actually a circuit in the Flashlight body itself that went bad. The Fusion module still works fine. I was just wondering if the Fusion caused the circuit to draw more current than it could handle.

without knowing what current that is normal I couldn't say.

dosmun

Newly Enlightened
The Fusion 48 is made for the Dewalt. It is a little smaller in diameter and shorter than what is needed for the Makita but I made it work. I traded a few emails and some pics and measurements with Sino Union so they may be working on a Makita 18v LED.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool cool, I ordered one a few days ago. Just waiting for it to be delivered to my friends work (so that my wife doesn't see it)

Hope he does branch out to other makes.

ama230

Enlightened
I had one go dim in a ryobi lithium 18v work light and the switch and stuff work but the module is very dim. Also one led on the inside doesnt work as well, the thing is stuck in moonlight mode.

Never had any of my modules get hot as i have one in a maglite 2d using six eneloops in series @8.4V, then a two eneloops in a 2c and they all get room temp but nothing to be considered warm or even hot.

I'm contacting him and going to get another of course but have to let others know if interested in this setup as its a hit or miss as i have all my others work awesome and i have used them a lot longer like three months or so.

Otherwise the other i have a ryobi nicd 18, the thing is crazy bright as its atleast equal to a 2Million candle power spot light without the throw of course but this thing is a beast.

Last edited:

dosmun

Newly Enlightened
My Fusion is now dim as well. I contacted Sino and they said it sound like it was fed 36v which wasn't the case. All of the LED's work on mine but are dim. Any ideas on a cure. I haven't taken it apart yet to check it out.

ama230

Enlightened
My Fusion is now dim as well. I contacted Sino and they said it sound like it was fed 36v which wasn't the case. All of the LED's work on mine but are dim. Any ideas on a cure. I haven't taken it apart yet to check it out.

Mine did the same thing as I have contacted them and they gave me crap even though I have ordered almost a dozen lights from them and then they are questioning me. Anyways they have given me an rma and sent it out the other day. So we will see if they warranty it as it was only seeing 18v and is not being abused.

The only thing that sucks is having to wait a month for the thing to come back. Nothing else out there that is a drop in for an existing worklight and is this bright. We need option god dang it!:duh2: