Lenser P7

guest_2

Newly Enlightened
First of all, hi. I joined these forums as I have recently been looking for a new torch powered by AAs.

I have a Surefire G2 65lumen version and whilst its a great little torch, the batteries drain quite fast and its expensive to run. (I didnt know about 80p CR123A batteries on the net and instead got duracell ones in store for £5.80 for 2)

I have been reading many posts on here and decided to go for either the Lenser P7, Fenix LD20 or Quark AA2 Turbo. I purchased the Quark yesterday with some Sanyo Eneloops.

Whilst looking and asking around for info I was confused by the following replies from [email protected]

Me -
Hi, What is the battery life on max setting for the Lenser P7? I can only find the '130 hour life' but im guessing its a lot lower for max power Thanks

Reply - Max/High you will get around 30-35 hours. There is only about a 5% drop from max to high

Me -
Thanks, Are you sure this is correct, 35 hours @ 200 lumens from 4 x 900mah AAA rechargeable batteries? Do you not mean 30-35 minutes?

Reply -
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]This is based on standard AAA batteries.

How is this possible that a torch can run at 200 lumens for 30-35 hours? Is this guy just trying to pull my plonker or is it that it will work at high/max but after 20 minutes it will fade to around 30 lumens?

Anyway - I will enjoy my Quark AA2 turbo when it arrives either tomorrow or friday
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Led Lenser web site from the makers in Germany can be read in English by selecting the UK flag.

The P7 can be found easily enough in many bricks and mortar stores in the UK,most trade type outlets stock them and many outdoor pursuit type stores do as well.In Betws y Coed climbing shops on Sunday,all lights were either Mag or Led Lenser and the headlight range was even bigger with many other top makes stocked.