• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Triple SST-50 yard Sweeper Turbo Tri Copper mag 2D

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thirst for building lights with more power just could not be satisfied somehow, introducing my latest Tri led build: The "Yard Sweeper" Turbo , now over 3000 lumens.
dscf7800o.jpg

The Tri MCE "Yard Sweeper" was running at 4.5 Amp/8V ~36 watts of LED power.

The new Tri SST-50 "Yard Sweeper" Turbo is running at 5 Amp/12V, 60 watts of LED Power :devil:

To make the light capable of handling the heat generated by 5 Amp/12V = 60W of power, Beefy copper were used for heating sinking for the head & Body by two separate pieces of copper. The host is a Copper mag 2D, that makes the total package tri copper :devil:

Specs:

• Triple SST-50 Nutral White Extreme Top Bin Wires in series
  • 22 AWG Silver coated copper wire with Teflon Sleeve
  • Brand New Copper 2D mag Host
  • Copper Heat sink for mag Head gluded down with Arctic Silver Thermo Adhesive
  • Aluminum Tri led reflector, SMO finish for gain of 30% throw over OP
  • Triple de-dome for gain of another 30% in throw over domed sst
  • aluminum reflector JB welded to copper sink act as Additional heatsink
  • almost half a pound of Copper Heat sink for mag Body, with Arctic Silver 5 thermo paste
  • Powered by 3x AW IMR 26500, 12V total
  • Dual Power resistor to modulate Amp down to just over 5 AMPS
  • PVC battery sleeve/Recessed spring mod for to fit 3xIMR in mag 2D
  • The heat sinking has been pushed to max copper potential
  • The Power has been pushed to max spec of three SST-50s
  • The throw has been max for Tri LED potential
  • Huge throw and huge flood, the light is a monster!
  • Beautiful & smooth tint, no yellow/no green/ no blue, just nutral white, the three leds blend perfectly together
  • Beautiful beam, super bright hot spot yet smooth transition to flood very similar to SSC P4 beam, just 30 times brighter :devil:
  • Do not leave it light, hold the neck/head section with your hand when it's on to transfer heat away & turn it off when your hand can't take it anymore.
Ultimate reliability, no IC driver to burn out, this light will burn your skin off before it could cause self damage, the SST are very robust.
  • Batteries not included
If you were impressed by the tri MCE Yard Sweeper, this light will blow it into pieces!

Selling $325

I offer two options in the US.
PP Gift Option, Shipping & Insurance only $15. Signature may be required with insurance.
PP Goods: add 4% fee to the total.

I will ship International on this light. PP gift option only.
$20 additional shipping w/o tracking but with custom declaration #.

Tri Cree Reflector with SMO finish was used for better throw, this is added advantage for the SST, it would give donut for MCE but perfect for SST. The reflector were machined down a few mms to remove the ledge & allow fit into Mag Head.
dscf7588.jpg

The two piece of copper heat sinks were made:
dscf7456.jpg

The copper heat sink installed in Mag head with Arctic silver Adhesive:
dscf7487.jpg

The heat sink for the tube weight in nearly half a pound, this is after I hollowed the rear end a bit:
dscf7484z.jpg

The heat sink for the Mag Body was jointed to the copper head sink with
concentric applications of Arctic Silver Thermo adhesive for heat transfer & JB weld for added bonding strength.
dscf7503.jpg

200902130007.jpg

The Avnet Top bin Tri SST-50 were de-domed for increase throw.
My previous light with SST-50 de-dome have shown increase of 30% in throw. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=275711
De-dome have also seems to give a better & smoother hot spot with softer edge on SMO. Tri SST-50 were wired in series.
dscf7461.jpg

Mad 2D fit 3xIMR 26500 perfectly, tail cap recessed spring mod is a must.
dscf7478.jpg

dscf7754h.jpg

Playground ~ 40 feet away
200902130011.jpg

Neighbor's house ~55 feet away
200902130010.jpg

Neighbor's lawn about 80 feet away
200902130014.jpg

Big tree about 100 feet away
200902130015.jpg

My Ceiling light is on, but you almost couldn't tell as it's over powered by the "Turbo" :devil:
dscf7795.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Triple SST-50 yard Sweeper Turbo Tri Copper mag 2D

Well unfortunately I had to get a "new" used laptop earlier this week...., otherwise I could see me getting this one. Love SST-50, love triples - all I can say here is WOW. I've got a DZ MAG Mod SST-ro running at 5 amps - a triple running at it!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

is this something you are gonna make many of? or is this a one time deal?
my light budget is low right now but this is what i have been wanting for my first bad *** mag light custom. crap its bright!!!

ptolemy

Enlightened

my light budget is low right now but this is what i have been wanting for my first bad *** mag light custom. crap its bright!!!
I think next is quad :D.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good job. I especialy like the choice of reflector for this one, that copper sink is nice too.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

One time deal. I don't make the same light twice usually.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm watching with interest too... If you buy my Mag625 on Saturday vudoo, I could afford this :poke:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good job. I especialy like the choice of reflector for this one, that copper sink is nice too.

Thanks for the kind words :)
The reflector being a big chunk of aluminum, is JB welded directly onto the copper heat sink (Suspended above the SST-50 slightly for optimal focus). The reflector becomes part of the Total Heat Sink Complex. At this power level,
every bit of heat sinking potential has been utilized.

Last edited:

vudoo

Enlightened

Is this single mode?
How long before it would get too hot to hold?
Estimated run time?

I think its time to sell a few lights. If I can sell my VARA1000 then I will definitely consider buying this light Ma!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this single mode?
How long before it would get too hot to hold?
Estimated run time?

I think its time to sell a few lights. If I can sell my VARA1000 then I will definitely consider buying this light Ma!

Yes, it's single mode. I was able to hold on to the light for full 5 minutes, after that, my hand couldn't take it anymore, I am sure there's others out three could hold on to it longer :devil:

It's 5 Amp draw on 3 AW 2600 mAH IMR in series, which translates into about 1/2 hr run time?
I.E same Run Time as Single SST-50 running on a single IMR 26500 @ 5 Amp.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Mighty "Turbo" is now SOLD :D

turbou.jpg

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was able to hold on to the light for full 5 minutes,

i wonder if using 18650 cells in a D host you could get a tube of copper all the way down the full length of the host to improve heat transfer?

next build maybe :thinking:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

i wonder if using 18650 cells in a D host you could get a tube of copper all the way down the full length of the host to improve heat transfer?

next build maybe :thinking:

Good thoughts, Waddup, that's already been in the plan for the future. You should see what I got for my birthday, Wife asked me on what I want for my birthday & got a shopping list of Copper, including 2 feet long copper tubes for mag D :devil:

I will be building a Tri SST-90 on Mag 2D with copper inner sleeve in conjunction to the current Tri Copper design to transfer heat all the way to the tail.

There's no need to resort to smaller capacity 18650, there will still be room left to fit IMR 26500x3.
Depends on the Vf, 3xIMR 26500 should be able to get 3x SST-90 into the 8-10 Amp range by direct drive.

The power will be in the 100-120 Watts range on a Mag 2D, double the power of the Mighty Turbo.
I think it'll probably be the end of the road for me on Mag 2D.

I don't have a new name yet, would be open for suggestions on what to call the new beast.

It'll take me a few weeks, I need to let go a few Modder's reserve flashlights that I kept for my self
before able to order next round of parts, so watch out for it on B/S/T :devil:

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

The power will be in the 100-120 Watts range on a Mag 2D, double the power of the Mighty Turbo.

I don't have a new name yet, would be open for suggestions on what to call the new beast.

Incankiller

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thought but no,

Too "provocative" for me, there's still lots of Incan lovers here,
I need friends not enemies :devil:

www14344

Newly Enlightened
Damnd i miss this mod.

how about "ray of light" , "ray of light 2" next "ray of light 3" .. lolz

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good thoughts, Waddup, that's already been in the plan for the future. You should see what I got for my birthday, Wife asked me on what I want for my birthday & got a shopping list of Copper, including 2 feet long copper tubes for mag D :devil:

I will be building a Tri SST-90 on Mag 2D with copper inner sleeve in conjunction to the current Tri Copper design to transfer heat all the way to the tail.

That's brilliant. I am on the copper train too ma_sha1. It just seems like it gets the heat where it needs to go faster. I think with the copper pipe to get the heat where it needs to be in combination with the aluminum body to quickly dissipate that heat, you will have a real monster on your hands.

This tubing you spoke of, have you found a size that happens to actually just fit the mag D body or are you splitting it down the side and resizing?