SolarForce L2X

Tally-ho

Banned
Waiting for my big meat tenderiser to arrive, will be able to comment then.
Having all the other special editions means I am compelled to get this one ;)
Nice...you are the one to ask about lego-ing with other solarfoce flashlights.
When it will arrive, would you please comment about the lengh and diameter of the "drop-in chamber" in the body of the host ? Is it the same internal size as the L2P ?
TIA.

crf

Newly Enlightened
I have one on order as well, can't wait to see it.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rep,

Thats what it looks like, a meat tenderizer.... If SF had used some rings or other embelishments on the bezel it would look better IMO. I sort of like the X but wonder if the agressive knurling will shread holsters and pockets...

Shark,

I'm curious about your statement that the LF P7 turbo head didn't fit a 6P. I thought that the LF C-M adapter would work on SureFire C thread lights? Or do I have my head up my battery carrier??

Trancersteve

Newly Enlightened
There is no chance of one of these slipping out your hand. But if it does somehow slip out of your hand it may take a few layers of your skin with it. :naughty:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one and though I have not measured it there is considerable battery rattle with CR123's and its still there to a lesser degree with the 18650. I replaced the strike bezel with a flat SS one. Nice light.
http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv289/gouldian001/?action=view&current=P1000689.jpg

ive always liked the look of the skyline. but after your pic, doesnt look nearly as nice. great pic by the way!:thumbsup: saved me from buying another light (host) LOL

Duglum

Newly Enlightened
The Body looks nice, just the Head is fugly. I'm not sure about the tailcap. :)

But i guess with Head and Tailcap of a Black L2P this would be really nice.

shark_za

Enlightened
I'm curious about your statement that the LF P7 turbo head didn't fit a 6P. I thought that the LF C-M adapter would work on SureFire C thread lights? Or do I have my head up my battery carrier??

The adapter fits but there is a problem with the tower or body of the first generation turboheads going inside the 6P. The diameter of the portion that recesses into the body is too big.
The later MK2 versions corrected this.

Works fine on Seraph and L2.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shark,

Thanks for that info. I have wondered about the LF and the Solarforce turbo heads fitting other makers "C" host bodies. Obviously a "trial & error" fit test....

BTW, I just noticed that there are TWO versions of the L2X..... a 2X cr123 version and a 4X cr123 [2x 18650] version.

TechnoBill

Newly Enlightened
Yup, I would like to see a lego L2X & L2P.

L2X head & tail on L2P body and vice versa.
Stand by for that gwapo, I've an L2X and L2X extended. I'm working on a Test Drive and will be posting it over the weekend.

As ^Gurthang mentioned, the head would shred holsters and I've already determined the head is not compatible with a Surefire V70 (Centurion C3, C2 etc.) holster, but the L2P head CAN be lego-ed and the L2X extended then makes a nice holster bound body.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill,

Looking forward to your "test drive".

I looked over on Jakes site and noted the L2X 'extended' variant listed. So does that make it the L2XX?

My light is "double X" rated..... why does that Not sound socially acceptable???