Are you addicted to carrying?

Drjones

Enlightened
I started carrying my Inova X5t 24/7 when I got it a few weeks ago.

I got my CMG Ultra-G a week ago and for some reason, feel nekkid without it as well. I think it's in part because of the blackout. Plus, its such a cool light, and so small and bright, I love havin it with me.

So now, I feel "off" if I have my Inova but not the CMG.

Anyone else?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Drjones said:
I started carrying my Inova X5t 24/7 when I got it a few weeks ago.

I got my CMG Ultra-G a week ago and for some reason, feel nekkid without it as well. I think it's in part because of the blackout. Plus, its such a cool light, and so small and bright, I love havin it with me.

So now, I feel "off" if I have my Inova but not the CMG.

Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

People think I'm nuts EDCing 11 lights. But I feel it is necessary to bring EVERYTHING with me...

Dan

robk

Enlightened
Very common infection - you caught it here. Daytime, I have to carry an ARC AAA in my watch pocket and an ARC LSH-S in my right pocket. At night, I also have an E2e/KL1 in my back pocket. If I walk the dog, I bring a 5W LS in a 2D size Mag.
There is no treatment or cure.
Rob

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have started EDCing my e2e, LSH-P with TSP-2AA, Arc AAA, and Inretech 2AA. I just think that I can't leave home without them.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I got into flashlights, I now carry a Glock 27/Colt Mustang, Benchmade McHenry & Williams, and an E sized Surefire. Be prepared!!!!

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Minor Addiction: Photon III/S.P.O.T. (Neck Chain) 24/7 & E2e 12/7 (belt Holster).

A-6

paulr

Flashaholic
I think whenever I get a new light (or other gadget) I like to carry it everywhere for a while.

lhz

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:

People think I'm nuts EDCing 11 lights. But I feel it is necessary to bring EVERYTHING with me...

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you keep your pants up?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Seriously, I've EDC'd a pocket knife since about 1954, a light of some sort since about 1959-60, and a firearm since 1969.

I guess I'm just "like that."

T_sig6.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, Tom! I think I actually would forget pants if I didn't have a wife to remind me.

I have had an EDC of at least a knife and a light since I was a teen but gadget forums have raised the issue of "backup" concept to the point that I have become a complete subscriber to the concept and now carry backups for backups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I am trying to bring the habit under control by forcing myself to realize complete redundancy when it becomes apparent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
I have had an EDC of at least a knife and a light since I was a teen but gadget forums have raised the issue of "backup" concept to the point that I have become a complete subscriber to the concept and now carry backups for backups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I am trying to bring the habit under control by forcing myself to realize complete redundancy when it becomes apparent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I carry 5 Arc AAA's and 2 Surefire G2's... complete redundancy, you say? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

lhz

Newly Enlightened
I carry only wallet, keys, arc aaa and leatherman micra on keyring, and cellphone(with spare batt) on my person these days.

Everything else is in my backpack. (one led light, 1 incan, first aid kit, large multitool, bottle of water, spare AAs and 123s, PDA, notes and documents for work)

Tomas

Banned
"Hello, is this the Department of Redundancy Department?

"Uh-huh, yes, it is."

"Oh good!"

====

Well, now that you mention it, TSG, I do have a primary and back up light (LS, AAA) and a primary and backup knife (big and little Gerbers), and a primary and backup firearm (9mm, .32) and even primary and backup keyrings (house keys, car keys, Photon II, folding tool on primary, house and car on backup) that are a part of my EDC.

That doesn't count what may be hidden away in my packs and pouches should I be aboard my wheelchair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seems strange, though, that a 19.5 pound wheelchair weighs in at just over 34 pounds when properly outfitted ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'd hate to have to clear a good security check. (The one at the courthouse for jury duty doesn't count - I only voluntarily turned over my primary firearm and kept the rest of the full load ... they made zero checks).

T_sig6.gif

Wait a minute! Wife? Uh, BRB ...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hee, Hee, Hee! I think it is funny that our concepts of primary and backup always seem to follow the BIG/little format! I also carry a AAA and an LS and a CRKT Lightfoot M1 (or any other of my tactical folders) and PECK most days. Those are on my person, I carry a Bob Dozier Arkansas Toothpick rigged for IWB carry (goes in the small of my back when the environment takes a downturn), a Kershaw multitool and a SF C2 and photon III in my bag (lhz, you aren't gettin' off that easy my man, if you take the pack with you most places, I would count it EDC too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

So LARGE/small seems to follow a format too, is it due to size/weight/available space, or are we just conditioned to carry items in that format? I would like to carry duel 1911's in a shoulder rig as EDC but I bet they'd weigh huh? I'd like to see the face on the applications officer for a CC Permit for that set up, and yes I can shoot very well ambidextrously, thank you (right handed, left master eye can do wonders for your development of ambidextrous shooting skills) not to get off topic here but purely out of curiosity what is it that influences you to go LARGE/small?

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Interesting thread!

Only once in better than a year was I out of this house without a light, and I got called on it by my Sister!

A "large" Streamlight 2L Twin Task (What a light!) rides in a Ripoffs holster on my right hip. It feels wrong if it isn't there!

A "small" Arc AAA rides in my watch pocket, because even though I never expect the TT to fail (LEDs anyway) I just gotta have backup!

A "large" folding knife, SAK Tinker is in my left front pocket.

A "small" folder, SAK Classic is in my watch pocket (getting brutalized by the AAA!!!) mostly for it's scissors!

Large/Small in my case is a fuction of available room mostly. There is only so much real estate available on my belt and in my pockets! And I always wear Jeans with a belt and a pocket T or pocket Polo, tucked in!

I can't see any change whatsoever in my EDC lights... they are perfection! A more "tactical" knife might be a good idea, but then I go some places where it just wouldn't be appreciated!!!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
If nothing else, I have an ARC LSH and ARC AAA with me. They're so small, there's no excuse not to have them. I also try to compliment that with the L4, however that is hit and miss at best, unless it's night and I know I specifically going somewhere that I'll need it. I'm hoping the upcoming FireFly will add to my "always on me" list. Again, the size of that should make that desicion a no-brainer.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I generally always have a Micro Illuminator in my left front pants pocket and an ARC AAA on my key-chain in the right pocket. In addition, I sometimes carry one of the following on my belt..MadMax/MiniMag...G2....Xenergy 606,,,,or Pelican M6/DB400. A SL Stylus has been spotted in my shirt pocket at times.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Addicted? Me? Naw, I can put down any time......well almost any time....

[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Seriously, I've EDC'd a pocket knife since about 1954, a light of some sort since about 1959-60, and a firearm since 1969.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have carried a pocket knife since I was old enough to have one (except when the airlines take it away, of course). In the last dozen or so years two, a Spiderco or similar lock blade folder for everyday us and a small 'Swiss Army knife' for fingernails and other small tasks. Yes, it's the new one with the built in flashlight......

Sadly, here on the Left Coast (California) us citizens cannot be trusted with guns.......

Also on the EDC list is a pen and pencil (backup pen in the SAK of course).

Doug Owen

pahl

Enlightened
I always have some kind of Surefire on me along some type of multi-tool.

I don't really carry any back-ups. I feel if you carry good items (light/multi-tool)that are proven and depenable there is no need to carry so many other items.