TK45 Modding?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all... I tried doing a search, and browsing through the custom/modding forum manually but couldn't find anything specifically about what I'd like to know.

So mods, please move the thread to wherever appropriate if you feel it necessary.

I had a little epiphany yesterday and wanted to see if anyone knows if it's possible...

I think it would be really really cool if a TK45 could be modded so that each emitter head had a different type of emitter and set up in such a way that they could be used independently of one another.

So for example, one emitter could be set up with a shallower reflector to produce more flood and a softer hotspot, or perhaps even pure flood like a ZL headlamp. Another emitter could be set up to be a thrower, and the third head could carry a red LED for night vision purposes.

The UI would be one where you could individually control the on/off state and level of each emitter. Perhaps separate switches for each one would be necessary and/or easiest to accomplish this. Ideally when the red emitter is on it would lock out the other regular emitters so they couldn't accidentally be turned on.

Anyway... just doing a little off the top of my head brain storming here, and wanted to get some thoughts/opinions from the rest of the community.

Thanks in advance for any insight and/or wisdom you may have on this.

Latest posts