Sunwayled M60R

bkumanski

Enlightened
I found a thread on this in search, however when I clicked it said it was unavailable...Anyway, I read on their site that this will take 6 123s...what is up with this crazy use of an expensive power source? The Olight SR50 has the same battery configuration. With the body to fit, can anyone enlighten me as to why they choose to use primaries only? This can get expensive fast. I love the look and form factor (My personal favorite light is a 1D SST90 Mag), but having to feed it 6 batteries at a time is kinda unreasonable. Wouldn't this many primary cells cause some to be overdrained too?

Any thoughts?

Quension

Newly Enlightened
Actually, an interesting note about the battery configuration in this one is near the bottom of their page on the site, where it mentions you can use 2 or 4 CR123As in an emergency.

Essentially, it runs on 6V nominal from 2xCR123As in series, and then a 3-way parallel configuration is used for greater runtime. The drain will be balanced over each pair, so the risk of overdrain isn't much greater than a 2xCR123 light.

I don't see 16340s being terribly useful due to capacity issues, plus the driver would need to handle up to 8.4V, but sunway hasn't mentioned anything specific about that.

They have said that 18650s will not physically fit because they designed the tray to be as compact as possible. Maybe someone will squeeze some thin 17670s in there at some point and see if the driver will cope.

utlgoa

Enlightened
This Light could have given the Jetbeam RRT-3 a run for its money. To bad it only puts out 800 Lumen, unlike the 1200 lumen Jetbeam Raptor.

Features M60R

● Luminus SST-50 LED, with a lifetime of 50,000 hours;
● Three levels of constant output, one strobe mode
Three modes constant output: 800 Lumens (1hrs) - 180 Lumens (4 hrs) - 13 Lumens (28 hrs)
Strobe mode: 800 Lumens
● Digital Sensor Magnetic Control system, slightly twist the Rotator Ring to select from different modes
● Constant current circuit, constant output
● Effective range of 300 meters
● Using 6*CR123A batteries (this light can be activated by using 2 or 4 CR123A batteries as well, same output and shorter runtime)
● Working voltage: 4.5~9V
● Reflector of good quality maintains both great throw distance and spread, perfect beam pattern
● Dimension: 161.8 mm (length) x 57 mm (head diameter) x 40 mm (body diameter)
● Weight: 240g(battery excluded)
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy
● Military Specification Type III hard anodized
● Waterproof accords with IPX-8 standard
● Ultra-clear toughened glass lens resists scratches and impacts
● Tail stand and can be used as a candle
● Accessories: lanyard, O-ring

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201008/36.html

Model: RRT3 Features:

LED source: Luminus SST50
Max output:1200 lumens(LED lumens)
Reflector:58mm-diameter aluminum reflector
Lens:Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
Material:T6061 T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
Finish:HA III Military grade hard annodized
Battery Type:CR123×6,18650 Li-ion×3
Voltage: 6.5-18V
Switch:Forward clicky
Waterproof:IPX-8 standard waterproof
Measurements:Head diameter 63mm
Tube diameter 46mm
Total length 198mm
Weight:530g
Patented Product

Output & Runtime:
1200 Lumens, 80 min
850 Lumens, 120 min
550 Lumens, 180 min
470 Lumens, 230 min
300 Lumens, 350 min
150 Lumens, 620 min
1 Lumens, 250 hours
Strobe: 1200 Lumens, 160 min

Last edited:

dtvmike

Newly Enlightened
i was looking at the samething from their website, dissapointed after reading this

"●Max Output
When the light is at Max mode, there is heat coming from battery discharge, drive circuit and LED, the flashlight head will be comparatively hot, please be cautious of touching it; To protect the battery, circuit and LED so as to extend the lifetime of the flashlight, we do not recommend that you run the light at max mode continuously for more than ten minutes."

i mean wtf ! so what happens when you go outing? and you really need it for 11mins ! haha , than is done for ? but does any one know of one that can output somewhere north of 500-1200 lumens for more than 15 - 30 mins w/o problems?

Toughguy

Newly Enlightened
Something confuses me as follow:
● Using 6*CR123A batteries (this light can be activated by using 2 or 4 CR123A batteries as well, same output and shorter runtime)

6 CR123A make the voltage up to 18V and that is far over the working voltage range.
Wouldn't the light cook itself?

Last edited:

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
Something confuses me as follow:

6 CR123A make the voltage up to 18V and that is far over the working voltage range.
Wouldn't the light cooks itself?

The voltage is only additive if the batteries are in series. Here it looks like 3 groupings of 2 batteries are in parallel.