Swappping Surefires about...

soa

Newly Enlightened
I've got my old 6P, with P60 and P61 LA.

The Prince is sending me a E2e with a KL1. Now, I've also got a G2 which could run the P61...

I thought of the KT1 Turbohead to fit on the 6P, but Al reckoned that might not be bright enough, with just 2 cells... Isn't there the A19 ($18)conversion - 6P to 9P, then run with the KT3($125) which runs the N2/N3 lamp assembly?

Rifter

Enlightened
You mean the KT2, the KT3 is used for the 9AN Surefire and AFAIK wont fit on the 6P. Also the N3 is for the 9AN with KT3 and the N2 is for the KT2. You will not be able to run the N3 with a KT2. Also the KT1 and KT2 are the same thing they just come with differnt lamps, so if you have the KT1 all you need is the N2 to run it in a 3 Celll light you do not need to buy a KT2.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you want a KT to be powered by three SF123As, you'll need to buy the KT2 or use the N2, MN15 or MN16 Lamp.

KT1 - Standard Body two SF123A models. N1 Lamp.

KT2 - Standard Body three SF123A models. N2 Lamp.

KT3 - Only for the 9AN.

KT4 - Millennium TurboHead for the M3. MN15 & MN16 Lamps.

KT5 - Only for the 8NX & 8AX.

For your information, KT1, KT2 & KT5 use the same KT TurboHead.

KT4 uses the Millennium TurboHead uses by M3T, M4 & M6 as well as Millennium WeaponLights.

In my personal opinion, the difference between the KT2 and the KT1 means that I would carry the three cell model for the improvement in output.

Respectfully,

Al

rlhess

Enlightened
I've received a lot of good advice here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003020 about turboheads.

It seems that the SRTH turbohead is the one of choice. I have a 2.5-inch one coming next week.

I bought (3) 9Ps in the ASPI sale ($40 each + ship +tax) and one will have the Turbohead with N2, one will have the HOLA, and one will (eventually when it ships) have a KL3.

The SOLA (Standard Output Lamp Assembly) is very oval on the 9V lights and while it's a bit more light than an E2e the convenience of the E2e means I won't carry a 9P for every day use, but the trio of 9Ps should meet a WIDE VARIETY of situations <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard

soa

Newly Enlightened
So, if I stick the A19 on the 6P, that'll give me a 3 cell body...

get the KT2 head - and that'll run an N2 on my 6P with the A19...
If I had an N1, it would run in the KT2 Heas on the 6P body without the adaptor....

Is the KT head with an N2 a worthwhile upgrade, from a 6P?[OK, need the A19 adaptor?)

Rifter

Enlightened
HELL YES. I just upgrade my M2 from standard form and added a A19, KT2 and am using the N2 LA. But you have to understand its a MUCH more tight beam with very little flood type light comimg out, its a spot light. If thats what you are after go for it.