i think i jus fried my mce ... :(

roadie

Enlightened
i was 'testing' my dropins to see which can take 2 x lions .... den come the mce warm ..... :poof: bright light + smell something wrong .... :(

the initial has 5 modes ..... after the burning smell (fried circuit) i try to test if it works with a single lion ..... It works but only 1 mode (high) left ....... :thinking:

:candle:

den i try more testing ..... on tailcap , voltage is abt 4V, amps at abt 0.46amps .... :thinking:

sob sob ..........

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was 'testing' my dropins to see which can take 2 x lions .... den come the mce warm ..... :poof: bright light + smell something wrong .... :(

the initial has 5 modes ..... after the burning smell (fried circuit) i try to test if it works with a single lion ..... It works but only 1 mode (high) left ....... :thinking:

:candle:

den i try more testing ..... on tailcap , voltage is abt 4V, amps at abt 0.46amps .... :thinking:

sob sob ..........

Most likely, the driver was AMC7135-based and you fried the driver. The AMC7135 recommended max voltage is 6V, with an absolute max of 7V.

roadie

Enlightened
the funny thing is .... it still works with one mode .... wondering how long will it last ........ driven by a lion ..... :ohgeez:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your tail current draw is 0.46A, I doubt you have a properly functioning high mode.

Latest posts