A must review for Craig

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This is new to me!!!
A chance to get a picture of my toliet on The LED Museum...who could resist that!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Guess I'd better send them an email and see if they would like one of these seats reviewed on my website. :toliet:
(Edit) Just sent them an email... so let's see what happens.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
This is new to me!!!
A chance to get a picture of my toliet on The LED Museum...who could resist that!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhmmm, I think I could. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cool seat, but $270.00? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif My "throne" isn't quite so cutting edge, but it did run me about 250.00 less. Invaluable in keeping both the floor clean, and the wife's posterior dry. No more "midnight dips". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
(Edit) Just sent them an email... so let's see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Canuke

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Doug Owen said:
Imagine the drunks on Saturday night......

Doug Owen

[/ QUOTE ]

That will probably give rise to a couple of new metaphors. Calling Ralph on the big ... phone? Driving the big .... bus?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should prove to be an invaluable aid for aiming during those nocturnal trips to the loo.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
...A chance to get a picture of my toliet on The LED Museum...who could resist that!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it already there, Starlite 128R Review if I remember correctly...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Oh s**t... my commode is *already* on my website... forgot all about that Starlite 128L "funeral" I held, after viciously ruining my Starlite and holding a fake service for its cold, dead, battery-less corpse with the busted neck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

(The Starlite 128L URL is right here if you want to see the whole funeral.)

JJHitt

Enlightened
I'd say they need to change the firmware to be more practical. This thing turns itself off after 30 minutes.

In the middle of the night ... when the seat is up or the lid is down, it's in OFF mode.

No, a slow locator strobe would make more sense.

After all, there are only two things to know about a toilet in the middle of the night: seat/lid status and targeting co-ordinates.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I got an email back (that was quite prompt!)
I'm not 100% sure I'll receive a review sample, but I do have two toliets I could put it on if I do. One's been shat in; the other hasn't. One needs some Lysol and the bowl brush; the other doesn't. Last year, the unused one had a peace lily growing in the bowl but it croaked while I was away last fall and winter. So I could model the seat on it, but I'd rather *use* the seat, rather than just modeling it, so I guess it would go on the commode I use every day.

I did receive an offer of 40% off in a group buy of these LED toliet seats just for CPF members, but I'd like to see & use one first before I start a new topic in the Group Buys forum.

JJHitt: Your idea of a slow strobe does sound very good. I use a nightlight in my bathroom to know the status of the seat & lid; and I'd probably still want to use a nightlight if I had one of these LED seats in place, if it turns itself all the way off after 30 minutes.

Well, I'd better go answer that email...

turbodog

Flashaholic
You guys laugh, but I have seen such a creature like you're looking for. Problem is... I forgot where. I was led and attached to the underside of the lid; also had a built-in motion sensor. If the seat was down, it would shine a green light (for wife I guess) into the water. If seat was up, it would shine a red bullseye into the water. Would love to have one if anyone runs across these.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I remember seeing those bullseye "tolights" in a catalogue not that many years ago. Good to see they still exist...they're a good idea if you live in a multi-person household and somebody's always leaving the toliet seat in a position you dislike, and you're always finding out the hard way - at night when you don't want to flip the bathroom light on and there's no nightlight in there.

JJHitt

Enlightened
There are also glowing toilet seats and GITD stickers to place under the seat or inside the rim.

I don't think I need a bullseye (but other members of the household may disagree). To me, the main function of any such lighting is to keep from hearing that feminine shriek in the middle of the night that indicates the seat was left in the up position.

The His'n'Her is a neat product, but having that functionality built into the seat itself would be even better.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
JJHitt said:
The His'n'Her is a neat product, but having that functionality built into the seat itself would be even better.

[/ QUOTE ]
The seat so equipped would also have to be waterproof and washable. Figure the seats would have to withstand Comet, Ajax, Bon Ami, Lysol spray (predominantly alcohol), and wet paper towels with some kind of soap or cleaner on them.
And if somebody pees on the seat (or has liquid poo-poo and doesn't quite make it to the bowl), you don't want that getting to the LED cells either.