where are the SR50's?

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
this light has been out for a month now, i was just wondering if anyone has gotten one. ive searched the internet and can find only one review. and its a video review at a dealers website. is it because of the bad timing of releasing the M31 with its multiple battery configurations at the same time? ive been eyeing this SR model as the one to get. for those wondering, i only use primaries. i have a M30 but am not too fond of the long, slender 4x cr123 configuration, so ive ruled out the M31. ive ruled out the SR90 because i own a polarion X-1 for my high output needs. any SR50 owners out there care to share thier impressions?

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Hi There!!

I purchased the OLIGHT SR50 INTIMIDATOR last week, but I only have a few minutes of run time on it so far. Here are my initial impressions. Once I placed the order it was shipped immediately and came very well packed. It comes in it's own little aluminum looking carrying case, which had shrink wrapping around the case that had been put on my OLIGHT, so you know you were the first to open the case. Inside is the light, a belt holster, a neck lanyard, 2 spare O rings and the manual. You know the manual was written by someone who's mother tongue is not English as some of the expressions are funny!

I chose the SR50 because I wanted to use primaries and I liked it's compact size, length wise, and it's sturdy grip. I bought this light primarily to use when I'm duck hunting, to help locate our blind in the pitch black early morning. I am currently using a Dereelight DBS V2, and it does a great job; but you know that addiction you think you need something newer, brighter with more throw!!

Well the SR50 fills the need!! I am very impressed with it's throw and spill that I have seen so far. I really love the push button to turn it on and to change modes, it makes one hand operation very easy. I thought I had a problem with the clicky switch at first, as the light didn't come on when I first pushed down on the switch, then I realized that the switch is a reverse clicky, the light come on when you are releasing the switch. The push button is located perfectly and once I realized what type it is it has worked flawlessly.

The light only has 2 modes, high and medium plus strobe. I guess some people might like a third mode, a low to get a long runtime on the batteries, but for me it meets my needs perfectly. I really appreciate having the strobe mode as well; you have to purposely turn on the strobe mode, which is very nice so you don't have to cycle through it going from high to medium. I will also keep this light in my vehicle and I love a strobe mode in my flash lights as I drive a couple of 30 hour one way trips a year and if you have ever had a flat or breakdown on I-95 you really appreciate how the strobe bring attention to you.

My initial impressions are that I am very happy with this light, it is solidly built, feels substantial in my hand, is well balanced, is very bright and very easy to turn on & off and change modes. :twothumbs