4Sevens ruined my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desert gator

Newly Enlightened
Hey everybody I first just want to say thanks for helping me pick out my first flashlight. I ordered it 10 days ago and it just barely arrived today. I have been dying with anticipation for it to get here. So today I am sitting on the porch waiting for the mailman to come and he tells me today he finally has my package. So i grab it and run inside and open it up and am horrified! I ordered a quark aa2 tactical, and to my horrer they sent me a regular aa2. At first I thought maybe I ordered the wrong flashlight so I pull out my order form/receipt but no, it says aa2 tactical. SO now im stressed to the max about having to send it back and go through the whole entire wait again. Doesnt seem that hard to pull the correct item, would have saved allot of headache and dissapointment.

Imon

Enlightened
Bummer dude.

I know any normal person would say "big deal, get over it" but this is certainly a disappointment to a flashaholic.
Certainly you have other lights to play with as you wait for your new one?
Perhaps they can just send you a tactical tailcap...

mrartillery

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about this, but mistakes happen and Im sure they'll make good on it. Also, this will probably get shut down, not the right place to talk of manufacturers.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF gator. A kindly reminder this isn't the place to air complaints against dealers. 4Sevens is top notch in taking care of problems like this, please contact him and work it out that way first.

desert gator

Newly Enlightened
I apologize if I a wasnt suppose to say anything. Unfortunately I have no other lights yet this is my first one.

Imon

Enlightened
Sorry about your bad day, it will be made right I am sure. And by the way, the link above is not the proper place to talk about this particular matter either.

Very true.

Jeers should be reserved for matters that you have tried to resolve but were unable to because the person or business you are jeering has made it difficult or impossible for you to.

Darvis

Enlightened
The CPF way to handle this would be to keep the light you got AND buy the tactical to go with it....

That said, and others have said this as well, just call 7777; their customer service is absolutely top notch and they take care of their customers.

tandem

Enlightened
It's the suppliers fault, I'm confident they'll make everything right for you.

Hopefully you are engaging in a little hyperbole when you say the experience has ruined your entire day. Relax. Life is good. Things could be far worse. I can understand some disappointment, but look at the bright side, now you get to experience how a firm treats its customers after the sale. That knowledge is worth something, particularly when it comes time to buy your second cool flashlight.

desert gator

Newly Enlightened
Oh yea im sure they will take care of it. I still believe that they have agreat company and product, and no my day is not literally ruined. I just felt like a kid opening a present christmas morning and finding a cork gun instead of a bb gun.

tandem

Enlightened
I can relate to the feeling. What immediately pops into mind is the day I finally got as a gift something I always wanted, a control line model plane. Well actually I really wanted an R/C plane but that was out of reach then. Quickly but lovingly I built it up, applied paint and decals and dreamt of the day I'd fly.

On a sunny Sunday in early September we headed to an empty mall parking lot for a maiden flight. My dad insisted on trying it first "just to show me how" and I watched with horror as he sent it around one full loop when suddenly the aircraft zoomed up high and immediately nose dived into the ground smashing quite literally into thousands of pieces. It's been quite a few years since then but I can still picture the bright blue sky and the grey asphalt of the parking lot we were in, as well as the bits of wood and metal everywhere. Crestfallen might be too euphemistic to describe my feelings that day.

There's no moral to this story, sorry, just a tangental memory which floated to the surface after reading your response. Back to normal programming now...

... Oh wait, there is a lesson I learned.... you can make lemonade out of lemos. I built another much simpler plane out of balsa and scavenged parts including the engine from the doomed aircraft. That one I did fly first, and often there after. And never again did I allow flights to take place over hard and unforgiving pavement!

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is something that needs to be taken up with the vendor first. If it cannot be resolved, there is the jeers forum if the issue qualifies.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.