Coleman MAX 6AA with Cree LED

litemup

Newly Enlightened
I've read some posts regarding Coleman MAX AAA and 2AA led flashlights. I recently purchased the Coleman MAX led with 6AA batteries for my wife to use in the backyard and around the property. Very nice bright spot with plenty of side spill. It is rated at 137 lumens, and the packaging claims 26hr run time? I can't verify the lumens or the runtime, but a pretty solid light in my opinion for about $26 bucks with great throw. I really like the fact that it uses inexpensive AA batteries. I'll be getting one for myself to put in my driving bag for the big truck. Forgot to mention, I got it at WalMart. Oh ya, the better half loves the light. I'd say the light is about the size of a 2 C cell flashlight.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You should check out the black and decker clamp light there. runs off 3AAs, with 130 lumens output and some stores had packages with $5 off stickers on them :D

jduck

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thing about the Coleman light, the 2 battery tubes are wired in parallel so you could run it off just 3AA if you needed. Also, if you want to save a few bucks, you can order it from their website for about $20 and get it shipped to your store free.

cfuzzy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the idea of shipping to the store. I am going to save a lot of money using that!! :twothumbs
This light is one of many that proves that you don't have to spend $100+ to get a decent light. I love mine.