OHHHH Look at all the pretty Electricity !!!!

Stefan

Enlightened
Looking at all the Tesla coil stuff makes me a little jumpy (pardon the pun), and brings back painful memories of my Physics classes back in high school. The teacher thought it was a sense of humor to attach a power supply to a door/doorframe.... Opening the door when you come back from going to the washroom was NOT a pleasant feeling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my undergraduate physics professors would do those kinds of high-voltage demonstrations in the lecture hall. His "can crusher" coil would slice a can in half, not just dent it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I visit that site every now and again, just to see the pretty vaccume tubes and the lovely light blue sparks he gets when he puts a CD on top of a tesla coil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I should email him to thank him for his site - if I don't end up on his unwanted emails page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hmmm...never thought of that. I already emailed him once...wonder if he'll take another email without me going on his s***list.

(Edit) Email sent... let's see if I get on his s***list or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif