CR2 light with a clicky?

batmanacw

Enlightened
Does one exist? Now that 4sevens has $2 CR2 batteries, I would be game for a tiny clicky light. I would love to see one from Quark.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Aleph lights - you choose the head, body, and tail, then choose what light engine & LED go inside it. I have several Aleph CR2 light configurations, in Al & Ti.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can understand your interest in a light like this. I'm a fan of tail clickies in small lights. As much as I enjoy my Quark mini CR2 the twisty interface can be cumbersome at times.

CR2s with clickies don't seem to be very common except for budget lights. DX offers the Aurora SH-033 Cree XPE-WD-Q5 5-Mode "220-Lumen" Memory LED Flashlight (1*CR2) This would be SKU 36025. They offer the same light with one mode for 44 cents less! (wow, such a deal!)

There's another one out there called the Mini-clicky 3W Cree Flashlight. An outfit called Best Offer Buy sells it. A Google search will find it.

Hey, Battery Junction has Titanium CR2 lithiums for only a buck apiece!

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aleph lights - you choose the head, body, and tail, then choose what light engine & LED go inside it. I have several Aleph CR2 light configurations, in Al & Ti.

Oh, right! there's the custom high end of the spectrum too. I forgot about that.

Batmanatw is right, it would be great to see a Quark mini CR2 tail clicky light.

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I just took a better look at the Aurora SH-033 at DX and noticed that the thing is three inches long. There would be no point in having a single CR2 light that size. Well, it is a CR2 clicky I guess, but to what purpose I don't know.

tolkaze

Enlightened
I think the only problem I can see with a tail clicky CR2 would be that you could really only hold it in a cigar grip kinda way. Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a few examples.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does one exist? Now that 4sevens has $2 CR2 batteries, I would be game for a tiny clicky light. I would love to see one from Quark.

I would get one as well. Even a CR2-2 clicky!

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the only problem I can see with a tail clicky CR2 would be that you could really only hold it in a cigar grip kinda way. Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a few examples.

I've been thinking about this and maybe it wouldn't be so bad. In fact I've been trying it out with my Quark Mini CR2 just to get a feel for what it would be like. Pressing the clicky would feel a bit like pressing the plunger on syringe and it wouldn't be that bad to hold the light that way.

Xak

Enlightened
I think a 2xCR2 or 2xRCR2 (if they become available again) would be awesome. It would be the same size as a QAA, but bright like a real tac-light and should be able to take 1x14500.

Just dreamin'

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a 2xCR2 or 2xRCR2 (if they become available again) would be awesome. It would be the same size as a QAA, but bright like a real tac-light and should be able to take 1x14500.

Just dreamin'

It would be great!

Gatsby

Enlightened
I've always liked CR2 based lights although I currently own only one... particularly if there were an AA body option (or 14500).

In the mists of time the Jil JCR2 series had a 14500 body, the Peak Pacific had CR2 and AA options (both li-ion compatible at that) and while they didn't sell them separately the Liteflux LF4 and LF5 heads were the same and were interchangeable with the CR2 and AA bodies. This always seemed like a really appealing package - the size of the CR2 and the longer runtime but still slim profile of the 14500 option. But it is not one that has gained much traction it seems.

However all those are twisties and I have a somewhat decided preference for clickies (although the PD/Surefire L1 style interface is growing on me... but it isn't a pure twisty either).

I'd love to see something like the Lumapower Connexion X2 with a CR2 body available - it is already 14500 compatible so you could use a AA of any chemistry, 14500, CR2 or RCR2. IIRC the tailcap is removable so you're really just looking at the appropriate CR2 size tube.

It would be even better if it went from low to high but you can't have everything. Given Ricky's involvement with CPF I wonder if there were enough interest if he'd propose one?

Or perhaps one of the Jetbeams... (their product line is more Byzantine than Peak's so I don't know what AA model would be a good candidate but the IBS programmability is attractive). Or maybe, maybe if Liteflux revamps the LF5XT to look more like the LF3XT and LF2XT then perhaps Kuku would consider a CR2 version... :poke:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite lights is a CR2 light I've had for years. It came with a LuxIII (for those who've been a CPFer long enough to remember those) and I modded it with a SSC P4. It's a great little light, but I too love clickies. I've thought about having a friend machine me a body for it that will accept a Vital Gear clicky (which are really short and small for those familiar with VG) and the VG clicky also has a great bezel down clip attached to it. If I get that done, I'll take some pics and maybe give some ideas to others. I have another version (new) of my CR2 light (it's in black TypeII ano, mine is HAIII natural) that I might make another body for also if someone is interested in getting their own VG tailcap for it.