• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOR SALE: OMG DEFT HO, 4C MAGIITE w/SST-50, MICROFIRE INNOVATOR 10/14W , A 35 W HID l

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
PRICE DROP 9/25----FOR SALE: OMG DEFT HO (sold) , 4C MAGIITE w/SST-50, MICROFIRE INNOVATOR 10/14W , A 35 W HID light by Novae Products w/4300K bulb (sold) , MICROFIRE PATROL

First, I want you to know that my REAL CPF ID is "lk99bt;" however, in my lengthy sojourn abroad to other forums and avocations (fountain pens, pre-war Martins, 1911's, . . . ) I long since forgot and misplaced my CPF password. Meanwhile, my former email server (Cox) changed to Sudden Link and I was issued a new email address—making recovery of my old password impossible so far (any help out there from admin will be super, please refer to a pm I sent Sasha this week).

I'm amused to reread my earlier postings from '04 and '05 in which I sold lights that I now fail to remember or have only vague recollections (ARC 4, LION HEART-I still have one though, brass Lion Cub, USL w/triton charger, K.I.T. with pouch, and a Katokichi Ichishiki, NA HA, not carried, safe queen). But I still have alongside my LION HEART (which I may part with), another Mr. Bulk iteration—LGI or Super LGI (can't recall which), and a few more. Anyway, please know that I joined CPF in 2004 and while I am newly returned—I share this because I want you, a potential buyer, to be comfortable knowing that I am not new to CPF nor to the buying/sellling protocols. I do want you be happy with your light, if you buy one of these listed below from me.

FOR SALE:

The first person to post, "I'll take it," without any qualifications, followed by prompt payment, gets it. Prompt payment for me, means a paypal within 2 or 3 days unless previously discussed and agreed upon by both of us, prior to the, "I'll take it" posting. The "I'll take it" must be posted in the For Sale thread (not a pm or email). Thank you for your patience with my effort to avoid any misunderstanding.

BTW—If your mad money/light funds are a bit low, and you want to pay any or all of these lights off in two or three installments, over the next one or two months—that's okay with me (as long as this is not your first purchase at CPF). Light(s) will be shipped when all funds are received. No refunds for any reason, if installments are not completed.

I'm offering for sale any of the following five lights. Your may buy one or more. My reason for selling them is that I bought all five lights this past week (along with a couple more that have not yet arrived) and I would prefer a few less (marital harmony is part of bliss). They all are a pleasure to see and use (they all arrived yesterday afternoon and were tried out for a few moments each, last night). They are great lights and I hope you will find them to be offered at a fair price.

So, first come, first served.

Have fund and thanks for reading the thesis above :)

Prices include shipping within the US and any Paypal fees. For shipping outside the US the buyer will pay, in addition to the price listed below, all fees for US Registered Mail (the only shipping option for outside US destinations), USPS Insurance, customs and any additional fees for shipping and receipt of package into the destination country. Please know that the US Customs form will list the exact amount paid, no exceptions. Thank you.

1. SOLD---OMG DEFT HO.
"One of only 19 of this particular variant made. Generally accepted as the ultimate thrower and certainly a formidable projector, especially considering its comparatively diminutive size, only 7.6 inches long and with a 3.1 inch diameter crenelated bezel. The original buyer quoted the maker's note to him with delivery as follows:

'To me the size, the use of only 4 x AA batteries and the incredible throw makes it superior to anything else out there! The following is the email I got from Michael on this light.

'I officially marked yours in the books as 180K lux which is above average but I have to say it actually was one of the best performers I have had. At turn-on it hit 200K and settled around 190 for around 20-30 seconds and then came down to about 185 where it stayed until the test was concluded. I was impressed by yours because it has a characteristic I like but which is hard to find. Keep in mind that since I make these lenses there is a fair amount of variance. Anyway I was surprised to see it had the highest center beam intensity that I have recorded yet, instead of just the peak beam intensity and it did this while having a "softer", more rounded beam. Many find this more pleasing.'

The price of a DEFT depends on how much the buyer wants one, since they are so rare. I paid $495 for this one and I'd like to get my money back . . . " (excerpt from CPF member Artec540 August 25 FOR SALE post, by permission)

Again, CPF member, Artec540 was kind to give permission to quote his recent for sale post and here's the link to that listing, which includes photos:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/289131

artec540 price: $445.00
My price including paypal fee and shipping: $425.00 (I figure I had $20 worth of fun just seeing this light! As for the pp fee and shipping, I consider that part of the cost of this hobby, for me.)

2. SOLD---PENDING FUNDS---4C Maglite with sst-50. A great new custom 4C maglite by CPF member " vestureofblood ". Here are the specs.

Black 4 C maglite
Borofloat lens
Britelumens SST-50 heat sink
Top bin Luminus Phlatlight SST-50 6500K
5 mode buck driver 3A high

Maglites make a great host for this type of high powered light because they are durable and have a wide range of focus ability. The 4C is one of my personal favorites because it is easy to grip, and feels so well balanced in your hand. This light has been converted to use 3 common 18650 cells further reducing the weight.

I chose the Borofloat glass lens rather than UCL for this project because they have almost every bit of the light transparency, and they have proven to be far more durable time and again. They have both a better heat tolerance than the UCL, and in my experience are harder to damage, the AR coating on UCL is easy to tarnish.

As many of you know the Britelumens heat sink is one of the best ways to dissipate the enormous heat generated by the SST emitters.

IMO the SST-50 is a great alternative to the P7 or MCE because of the nice beam they produce with a tight hot spot and bright spill. They also have the potential for greater output when fully driven (up to 1175 lumen).

Adding to this already great set up is a multi mode driver to ensure you have just the right amount of light and run time for different situations.
Powered by 3x 2600ma Li-ion give nearly 3 hours of run time on MAX. While use of the low modes will deliver 24+ hours of light!"

The original August 31 FOR SALE listing by CPF member and modder/builder of this light, " vestureofblood " is found below and includes super photos of this great light:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/290112

vestureof blood's price to me: $200.00
My price including paypal and shipping: $175.00 9/25 PRICE DROP: $150. 10/6 PRICE DROP $125.00.

3. MICROFIRE INNOVATOR 10/14W two level HID.
This light is made and distributed by The Phoebus Company and can be found at phoebus.com. "It can be focused by screwing the reflector in or out and the change from 10 to 14W is effected by turning a sleeve just below the head. The rechargeable battery unscrews from the head and can be charged either separated or assembled, through a port in the tailcap, next to the on/off switch (the tag end of the little rubber cap over the charger port is torn). Normal street price is $398. This is more than the lowest price HIDs but Microfire has a reliable warranty and excellent local representation, who are very easy and pleasant to deal with. One of the most conveniently sized HIDs. . . . ." (excerpt from CPF member Artec540 August 25 FOR SALE post, by permission)

Again, CPF member, Artec540 was kind to give permission to quote his recent for sale post and here's the link to that listing, which includes photos:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2539348

Here's the link to the INNOVATOR at the Phoebus.com website:

http://phoebus.com/Innovator.html

Some great photos of this light are found at the link above, and the light's even better in person! Here are specs:

The Microfire Innovator 10/14 dual-power rechargeable tactical flashlight covers the mid range (500-600 yds) in the HID (high intensity discharge) flashlight field.
The MicroFire Innovator is a dual wattage HID tactical flashlight featuring the American made Walamp NGX full spectrum high intensity discharge (HID) lamp. The newest member of the Warrior family can be easily switched from 10 to 14 watts while the light is on. The lumen rating at 10 watts is 500, but at 14 watts, the lamp jumps to 1000 lumens, equal to the traditional 24 watt lamp used in the Warrior II. Switching the wattage also increases the color temperature from 5300K to 6500 K. The Innovator's output is handily controlled by rotating a ring located just below the bezel. Run time with the standard direct charge Li-Ion K1N battery is 2 hours in the 10 watt mode and 1.5 hours at 14 watts. For longer run times, the Innovator can also be powered with a K3N battery (3 hours) or with the Lithium Polymer K5 battery (5 hours). It has a focus range from 12° to 24° Accessories include color filters, a belt mounted tactical holster and drop protection shock absorbers.

The Innovator is about the same physical size as the original Warrior.
Beam angle is adjustable from 12°-24° by rotating the lamp head.
A rotating ring located just below the bezel switches the lamp from Hi to Low operation mode. The Innovator fits easily in the hand, with uniform balance and a reassuring weight. A run time of 2 hours on High or 1.5 hours on Low setting can be expected using the standard K1N battery. The Innovator is designed for military, public safety and maritime interdiction applications, where a boost in power at a moment's notice may be needed. The rechargeable Innovator is also well suited for camping, hunting (adaptable for gun mounting) or range management activities.

Optional rubber shock absorber rings slip over bezel and battery housing to protect the flashlight from impact damage (not included).

Hi / Low selection by ring mounted below the Innovator's bezel

IR, UV, and colored filters are available as accessories and work effectively with the full spectrum HID lamp (not included)

Innovator Specifications
Length - 7-3/4"
Lamp - Welch Allyn Walamp NGX 11/14
Bezel Diameter - 3"
Color Temperature - 5300K / 6500K
Weight - 22 oz.
Lumens - 500 / 1000
Output - 11/14 watts
Lamp Life - 500 hours
Effective Range - 500-600 yards
Run time per charge - 2 hrs. / 1.5 hrs.

MSRP: $398.00 (at phoebus.com)
My price including paypal fee and shipping: $240.00 9/25 PRICE DROP: $200. 10/6 PRICE DROP $150.00.

4. SOLD---A 35 W HID light by Novae Products with a 4300K bulb. The only model name is the claimed output: 3400 LM. There are two models, identical in output and performance, one black anodized and the other, this one, silver anodized. One of the least expensive 35 W lights, so it's not surprising that there are some variations in the anodizing color, but the light is formidable. It's big, 14.5 inches long, and no lightweight at 2.5 lb, so it's good that there are pick-up points for a lanyard or the shoulder strap that comes with the light. It comes in a lightweight hinged case with combination snap locks and is complete with the strap, car- and wall-chargers, even a note telling you how to change or reset the lock combinations! One of the less expensive models, I paid $239 for it." (excerpt from CPF member Artec540 August 25 FOR SALE post, by permission)

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2539348

artec540 price paid: $239.00
My price including paypal fee and shipping: $145.00 (a good price for a great light—I like the case by itself—looks like James Bond! :) SOLD

5.. MICROFIRE PATROL by Phoebus w/3500 Lumens & 800 yd range. "Everything about the Innovator is true of the Patrol
except that this is a real gorilla of a light. 35 W, polished 4.3 inch
reflector, single mode and puts out an amazing amount of light. You can find all the details about both these Microfire lights at the website of Phoebus .com, from whom I bought them both. List price on the Patrol is $539 but I got it for $485. and I would accept $400. As an aside, although the reflector on the Patrol is polished, those on the
other two are orange peel." (Again, CPF member, Artec540 was kind to give permission to quote a recent "for sale," communique to me)

Sorry, no link to a photo other thank the Phoebus.com website mentioned above and here:

http://www.phoebus.com/Patrol.html

And here's more from their website on this light:

"Patrol HID Hand Held Searchlight: The Microfire Patrol 35 watt HID (high intensity discharge) hand held searchlight features an oversized highly polished reflector mated to a K5 rechargeable lithium polymer battery handle for long range search applications.

The MicroFire Patrol hand-held searchlight uses a 35 watt short arc HID lamp in a highly polished 4.33" diameter reflector to achieve unmatched effectiveness in long range illumination. Rated at 3500 lumens, with an arc shield to prevent side spill, the Patrol is designed for Military, Search and Rescue and Range Management professionals. The K5 Lithium Polymer battery handle is slip resistant, with a surface mounted button switch. A fully charged battery will run the light at a full 3500 lumens for 1.5 hours. Battery is charged through a port on the handle, so charging can be accomplished either on or off the lamp head. The Patrol is equipped with a low temperature start-up function to insure cold weather arc strike down to -10° C."

Some great photos of this light are found at the link above, and the light's even better in person! Here are specs:

Patrol Specifications
Length - 12 3/4"
Lamp - 35 watt Hot re-strike HID
Bezel Diameter - 4 1/2"
Color Temperature - 7000K
Weight - 3 lbs.
Lumens - up to 3500
Output - 35 watt
Lamp Life - up to 1000 hours
Effective Range - 800 yards
Run time per charge - 90 minutes

MSRP: $539.00 (at www.phoebus.com)
My price: $315.00 9/25 PRICE DROP: $265. 10/6 PRICE DROP $190

I hope you find each of the lights listed above at a fair and perhaps even, good price. Lights #1 & #2 reflect prices less than what I paid. I am happy to pass them on to a new owner at a little less than I paid since I've gotten enjoyment out of seeing them. That's worth something to me and is reflected in the price drop. Lights #3-5 were a package deal from artec540 and since I bought them as a group, he gave me a good price and I'm happy to pass those savings on to the next owner.

Please ask your questions in advance. I prefer these sales to be final since I'm not a retailer and not in business with lights. However, if you find my descriptions above grossly misleading, I will work with you to keep us both satisfied. As for questions, I am not an expert and will do the best I can to help you. I have owned each of these lights less than 24 hours at the time of this posting. Thank you-Mike

Last edited:

MDB

Newly Enlightened
I'll take the Novae 35w HID, only skimmed the post, too tough to scroll on my phone, but didn't see your PayPal address.

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
Two sold, three lights remaining--choose any one of the three. I'm still planning on keeping whatever two remain. I love 'em all, just have a few too many.

Thanks,
Mike

BTW--the above CPF members who bought lights are amazing--simply wonderful folks! Many thanks to you!

MDB

Newly Enlightened
Super fast shipping, light arrived yesterday afternoon. Very safely packaged, looks as new and worked great. Thanks again.

vx000

Enlightened
+2 from DC: DEFT HO arrived in record time with an amazing packing job. Probably took me longer to unpack it than it actually spent in transit. :) Spent the better part of the evening terrorizing the neighbors. :thumbsup:
Super fast shipping, light arrived yesterday afternoon. Very safely packaged, looks as new and worked great. Thanks again.

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
PRICE DROP--FOR SALE: DEFT HO, 4C MAGIITE w/SST-50, MICROFIRE INNOVATOR 10/14W ...

PRICE DROP & BUMP

Bncr34

Newly Enlightened
I've tried posting earlier but the post didn't show up. Anyways I am interested in the microfire, please let me know how you would like to proceed without he transaction. My pm doesn't work yet but you can email me. Thanks!

Bncr34

Newly Enlightened
Are the remaining items still for sale? No response in a week....

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
10/6 PRICE DROP on remaining lights.

Thank you Bncr34 for your interest and pm's. Sorry to be late in responding. It's been a bit too busy here to log on to CPF of late--and I miss that.

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
MAG SOLD pending funds, thank you!

While I'm logged on, I'll do another price drop on the remaining two lights.

Thanks again.

LiveForNight

Newly Enlightened
PP sent.

BTW: You think it's bad forgetting your password for CPF. I was on CPF in 2005 and forgot my name! Now that's bad! That's why I use a simple phrase now instead of a combo of letters and numbers. :crackup:

Bncr34

Newly Enlightened
Can you send me your paypal info I'll take the innovator thanks...pm not active please send to above email, thanks!

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
1. Patrol still available. PM sent to most recent CPF member who made inquiry. No--the price drop listed above does not include shipping for international shipping destinations (please see paragraph # 8 in FOR SALE post. Is it #8 or 9??? :) It must be getting close to my bedtime!

2. Innovator is ON HOLD pending payment. Email sent (10/7) to most recent CPF member who made a commitment to buy. Awaiting response.

Thank you to all.

Kind Regards,
Mike

Glowmo

Enlightened
:takeit:for the Patrol
How much is the insured shipping to Germany? Please contact me per mail: supermo at arcor dot de

Last edited:

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
Microfire Patrol still available at $190, including PP fee and shipping for US address (int'l buyer pays actual shipping & insur. fees, please see above).

Thank you,
Mike

Last edited: