Any clicky's for the surefire L1 lumamax?

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is any clicky tailcap that will work for the L1 lumamax? I have the newest version of it and thought maybe the E1L's clicky tailcap would work. But im not sure if it will work properly with the high/low settings of the L1 being different from the E1L outdoorsman? Has anyone tried a clicky on their L1?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated!

thanks
:wave:

fyrstormer

Banned
The L1 uses the tailswitch to control the brightness. While a simply clicky would serve the purpose of completing the circuit, it wouldn't be able to control the brightness.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the L1's twisty interface is not what you want then you have bought the wrong light. Sell it off on marketplace and get the E1L instead for very long runtime or get the E1B for more power but shorter runtime.

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Ok thanks everyone! this is what I thought but had to check with the pro's :thumbsup:

And I definately like the L1 and the twist tailcap but I was just wanting to try something different for it. As all of my other surefires have twisties except for one. Oh well! Guess this means another light is on the menu for me :)

thanks again!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess this means another light is on the menu for me :)

If you really must get another Surefire and if it really must be single cell, try the E1B. It will give you the additional output power where your L1 left out. I do have to stress however that visually the difference in power is not that drastic though.

If you don't mind two cell lights, you could get the LX2 which shares the same operation as twisty tailcap of the L1 but has 200 lumen high and 10 lumen low.

If you have the budget, and don't mind trying other brands, I say go for HDS clicky. Built tough just like Surefire and offers a lot more in a single light than what Surefire has to offer. And it is backed by a lifetime warranty support by Henry, designer and maker of HDS lights. Try it, you would get hooked onto it.

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
If you really must get another Surefire and if it really must be single cell, try the E1B. It will give you the additional output power where your L1 left out. I do have to stress however that visually the difference in power is not that drastic though.

If you don't mind two cell lights, you could get the LX2 which shares the same operation as twisty tailcap of the L1 but has 200 lumen high and 10 lumen low.

If you have the budget, and don't mind trying other brands, I say go for HDS clicky. Built tough just like Surefire and offers a lot more in a single light than what Surefire has to offer. And it is backed by a lifetime warranty support by Henry, designer and maker of HDS lights. Try it, you would get hooked onto it.

Thanks for the advice bro! Ill have to look into the HDS, I have the LX2 already and am wanting another 1 cell....anxiously awaiting the LX1 but who knows if its ever going to come out.....:fail:

thanks again! :)