Is Muyshondt out of business?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
They shouldn't be! I've been wanting a 1AA twisty light with a simple 2 stage (low, high) UI, quality bomb proof build with long runtimes and XP-G LED. NOTHING currently offered fits that bill! It occurred to me that what I want is a Muyshondt built 1AA. Enrique these other companies are getting it all wrong IMO. Please take this into consideration......if your still out there?

batmanacw

Enlightened
They shouldn't be! I've been wanting a 1AA twisty light with a simple 2 stage (low, high) UI, quality bomb proof build with long runtimes and XP-G LED. NOTHING currently offered fits that bill! It occurred to me that what I want is a Muyshondt built 1AA. Enrique these other companies are getting it all wrong IMO. Please take this into consideration......if your still out there?

Nitecore ez aa?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore ez aa?

...lacks in build quality and run time IMO. I do however prefer the older EZ series to the new abortion. I almost pulled the trigger on a LD15 but then I saw that you have to twist off then on to access low mode and that it comes on in high.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
The nitecore EZ series are basically cheap badly designed knock offs of muyshondt aeons and nautili. I hope muyshondt isn't out of business because I just gave my very loved aeon to a good lifelong friend and would like to get another in the futures since it's the best light ever made

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree about the Nitecore series. The Aeon can still be had pretty easily. I just bought a new Nautilus from Fenix Store Germany so even though they are scarce to find new they are still out there but I guess I'm wondering if Enrique has anything else coming down the pipe or even if he is still in the flashlight business? It'd be a shame if he isn't because this Nautilus I own is a superbly simple flashlight and I'd love to see him offer us something in 1AA or even 1AAA with the crazy runtimes!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are great lights, but I sold both of mine. For that much money they shouldn't have such "ringy" beams. Otherwise, perfect.

carrot

Flashaholic
Muyshondt is not out of business, but it seems he has lost interest in making flashlights (for reasons that are his to discuss, not mine). When, or if, he is interested in making flashlights again, I will be ready to buy!

Some eye candy for Muyshondt aficionados:
4968189626_0a9e39c02f_z.jpg

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I agree the Aeon is a great light, but one I just picked up recently was the JetBeam BK135A. What a great light! It feels extremely well built, has 3 fully programmable modes via the IBS UI.

I have the EZ AA, and all I can say isthe BK 135A beats it hands-down no contest, both in quality and functionality, and I'm a fan of the Nitecore lights.

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
Peak El Capitan is close to what you want - but unfortunately, only single level output.

I can't find it on Peak's website, but it's sold at places such as Oveready.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree the Aeon is a great light, but one I just picked up recently was the JetBeam BK135A. What a great light! It feels extremely well built, has 3 fully programmable modes via the IBS UI.

I have the EZ AA, and all I can say isthe BK 135A beats it hands-down no contest, both in quality and functionality, and I'm a fan of the Nitecore lights.

Don't compare an Aeon to a EZ that's like comparing a Rolex to a fake Rolex- close, but not even

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang ole' gave your Aeon away! Now you sound like me what with giv'n away a badass light. I kinda miss my Ti nautilus i gave my stepdad...damnnit!

I know it chris, I told him I'd stab him in the taint and punch him in the throat if he ever lost that aeon
But the truth is it wasn't getting much use since my old lady bought me the hds170

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I bought an EZ AA right before Nitecore changed the UI.

Must admit, mine has proven to be well-made and very durable. It's rare for me to drop a flashlight. Extremely rare. But it happened shortly after getting my EZ AA. Small nick near the tailcap, but so far I'm impressed.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an EZ AA right before Nitecore changed the UI.

Must admit, mine has proven to be well-made and very durable. It's rare for me to drop a flashlight. Extremely rare. But it happened shortly after getting my EZ AA. Small nick near the tailcap, but so far I'm impressed.

I have an EZCR2 with a warm emitter I bought from 47s when they wre available a year or so ago. It's been on my keychain since and I have dropped it half a dozen times from doorknob height onto wood, tile, and concrete, and it even went halfway down a set of wooden stairs. The ano is dinged all to h--l, but the little light keeps on working.

It is a little rough in the twist UI, and the ano hasn't been nearly as durable as I'd expected, but for the price point, I'm pleased.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I understand he is not working on flashlights at least for now. Bright Guy still has some of the black Aeon models. I bought a HA spare, as I carrry my HA Aeon EDC, along with several others. (I am very ill with this light problem)

I hope the guy returns, they are very nice lights. I may get a spare to the spare, just in case. The future of these times is very uncertain, so some people could move on to other things.

If you read this, I do hope you will return to flashight production, Mr. Muyshondt.

Hope all is well otherwise.

Best wishes,

NR

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah really! I owned a Nitecore EZ123 and it was a pile o' shite compared to my Nautilus. I mean seriously. These Chinese companies build a nice looking light with top of the line LED's and all they care about is eeking out as many lumens as they can to appease the masses. Nevermind if they tweaked down the output a little they could bump up the runtimes by double. That is the beauty of Enrique's lights. My Nautilus with on old hat XR-E Q5 will run for 2.5 hours pumping out 110 lumens and 75 hours on low. And let's be honest 110 lumens is more than enough light from a unit this size. I think that's something we all learn in this hobby after we get over the "wow" factor.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah really! I owned a Nitecore EZ123 and it was a pile o' shite compared to my Nautilus. I mean seriously. These Chinese companies build a nice looking light with top of the line LED's and all they care about is eeking out as many lumens as they can to appease the masses.

Normally I'd agree with you. Sometimes someone gets a lemon, another person gets a nice example. Might be a combination of one or the other in this case. Might be specific to battery type. Have heard of a similar issue with Glock pistols. They tend to be great across the board, but even some die-hard Glock fans refer to the .40 caliber Glock 22 as unreliable junk.

My EZ AA is easily one of the lights I would absolutely keep if I ever had to sell off most of my collection. (And that includes about two dozen SureFire models.)

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it chris, I told him I'd stab him in the taint and punch him in the throat if he ever lost that aeon
But the truth is it wasn't getting much use since my old lady bought me the hds170

It's nice to get a chuckle at 5:30am.:D
Good stuff.