AAA lights with the same UI as EZ series

Cemoi

Enlightened
Any 1xAAA lights with the same UI as the EZ123 and EZAA (first version), i.e. from off tighten slightly = low, fully tighten = Hi.
The EagleTac PN20A has such an UI, but it is not compact enough IMHO.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easily my favorite UI for a really small pocketable light, at least when it works well, as on my Aeon. Would like to see a quality AAA with it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Glad I got my EZ AA right before Nitecore changed the UI. Not as small as my Fenix L0D. Still pretty small for a AA light. It's as big as I'd go for keychain carry. But it's just small enough to not bother me.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Dan Fo has pointed out, the very well-made Mako is one, but don't expect it to be a pocket rocket. It's also quite hard to get one now.

The EZ AA (Q5 or R2) is the best choice for your desired UI and size albeit using AA. I can't think of another (using that UI) at the moment. :thinking:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The EZ AA (Q5 or R2) is the best choice for your desired UI and size albeit using AA. I can't think of another (using that UI) at the moment. :thinking:

That's definitely the curious part. You'd think that such an incredibly simple & useful UI would be extremely common. Especially on single AAA models that are nearly always designed to switch on with a twist instead of a click. :(

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
First Peter made the Arc AAA.
Then Millermods modded 2 and 3 level versions. Some with Luxeons, later ones with Cree.
Then Nitecore made an AA version called the EZAA.
Millermods-EasyAA-size.jpg

Unfortunately Millermods can not get good bodies from the new Arc company and stopped making any more.
Try putting a buy request for a 2 stage Millermodded Arc AAA in B/S/T.

Cemoi

Enlightened
Glad I got my EZ AA right before Nitecore changed the UI.

Fortunately the Fenix LD15 looks like an EZAA clone using the first version of the UI.

Try putting a buy request for a 2 stage Millermodded Arc AAA in B/S/T.

Thanks, but I'd rather find a model that can tailstand.

Would like to see a quality AAA with it.

You may want to suggest it to Fenix using their online questionnaire, like I've just done.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fortunately the Fenix LD15 looks like an EZAA clone using the first version of the UI.

LD15 interface is twist on high, twist off, twist on low. It's not twist for low, twist more for high like the EZ AA was.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
LD15 interface is twist on high, twist off, twist on low. It's not twist for low, twist more for high like the EZ AA was.

Right. I was just about to pull the trigger then I saw that you had to do all that stupid twisting and decided against it. What the frig man. this is the most simple and reliable UI to put in a twisty light of any size and these goofball companies insist on some cheesy, "please the newby" carpal tunnel syndrom UI for what is supposed to be simple to use UI! **SIGH** I'd pay good money right now for a two stage 1xAA or 1xAAA twisty with an XP-G and a runtime on high (120 lumens) of over 2 hours and a low (5 lumens) with at least 50 hours!!

Last edited:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
judging by the EZAA though, this UI isn't so easy to get right. Maybe the >$100 Aeon makes it look easy, but I've heard enough complaints about the EZ's execution of this UI that I wonder how easy it is to do it right

Monocrom

Flashaholic
judging by the EZAA though, this UI isn't so easy to get right. Maybe the >$100 Aeon makes it look easy, but I've heard enough complaints about the EZ's execution of this UI that I wonder how easy it is to do it right

Never really heard complaints about the UI. Have heard complaints about Nitecore's reliability declining, along with overall quality. Still, took a chance on their EZ AA model. No major issues to report.

Cemoi

Enlightened
LD15 interface is twist on high, twist off, twist on low.

You are correct calipsoii, I realized my error after reading a couple of reviews of the LD15.
Too bad Nitecore changed the EZ AA's UI, making it now a single mode (adjustable, but you only get one mode ready to use when you switch on the light). And the "old" version looks hard to find.
Wish they would make an AAA version.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
:oops: I can't believe I didn't see that in your OP. I guess that's a big :fail: for me.
At three inches, it is big for a AAA light but does do one handed easy.

Latest posts