Surefire Guarantee

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
Does the Surefire lifetime warranty apply only to parts and whole flashlights purchased in their respective retail packaging with registration numbers?

Is registration of a light required prior to the lifetime warranty taking effect?

In other words, if I assembled a complete SF flashlight from original SF parts not in their retail packaging, hence no registration number , will the lifetime warranty cover the whole light?

Thanks.

Last edited:

buickid

Enlightened
Typically the "whole light" doesnt break. Say the lens shattered. Give em a call and they send you a new one. Say the switch falls apart. Call them and you get a new switch.
No registration needed.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto, bodies have a registration number, not the heads (most) and tails.

If surefire made it they will fix/replace it.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the E2DLs first came out, I took one from the very first batch sold and submerged it 8 feet in a chlorine pool for 2 hours. The tail cap leaked a little bit and the switch would stick when I pressed it on. A little Nano Oil and it would work fine for a few months.

Well a couple of weeks ago it finally gave out all together and no amount of oil would do anything. A quick email to SureFire explaining it and they asked no questions, just replaced it.

They don't ask for registration numbers. They don't ask if it's a stock light. They just replace anything of theirs that isn't working right. Many many stories on here that will indirectly back that.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens on my 6P cracked, and they sent me a RMA number to return for verification before replacing it. I told them I needed my light for work, and they would only send out a replacement after I send in the defective part. I told them forget it, and I would just rather buy an aftermarket bezel since I needed my light for work. They suck if you are in a jam.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Does this cover international owners?
Ideally, the company with the distribution rights should be best placed (local) to sort out issues via the SureFire retailer you purchased it from.

Of course if you didn't purchase your SureFire from a retailer here in the UK then that complicates matters. SureFire have a contact number for those in the UK and Germany I believe.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens on my 6P cracked, and they sent me a RMA number to return for verification before replacing it. I told them I needed my light for work, and they would only send out a replacement after I send in the defective part. I told them forget it, and I would just rather buy an aftermarket bezel since I needed my light for work. They suck if you are in a jam.

This could be the result of just getting the wrong CSR on the wrong day. I've never had an issue with them, if something I had was wrong, I had a new part in the mail the same day, no questions asked.

gsxer

Newly Enlightened
I bet there isn't a made in China light with this kind of customer service. Hearing good things like this makes me want to buy a made in the good ole USA surefire next!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably was the wrong CSR, but if I am going to get that kind of service for their price it is not worth the hassle of buying Surefire after seeing the same quality from the better Chinese manufacturers.
This could be the result of just getting the wrong CSR on the wrong day. I've never had an issue with them, if something I had was wrong, I had a new part in the mail the same day, no questions asked.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, it depends on who you get...the EXACT same thing happened to me...got a new bezel 5 days later.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably was the wrong CSR, but if I am going to get that kind of service for their price it is not worth the hassle of buying Surefire after seeing the same quality from the better Chinese manufacturers.

Out of curiosity, which Chinese brands do you consider to be on-par or better than SF in build quality?

chanjyj

Enlightened
I bet there isn't a made in China light with this kind of customer service. Hearing good things like this makes me want to buy a made in the good ole USA surefire next!

You're wrong - Fenix does.
Gotten my abused TK10 replaced thrice, my TA21 twice. (And it was my fault, I was torturing them on the beach to see how far they could go before the sand compromised the O rings and let water in)

chanjyj

Enlightened
Out of curiosity, which Chinese brands do you consider to be on-par or better than SF in build quality?

To consider this question you do need to look at the QC process as well.

Jetbeam - on par with the M2, C2, 6P, 9P. But horrendous QC.
Olight - Better QC than Jetbeam but still not at SF standards.
Fenix - This is contentious, but from my experience I have not received a single defective light or a light that has failed (unless I planned for it to fail). Quality on the TK, LD and PD series from 2008 onwards are up to par (or exceed) SF. The TA series...

Looking at this from another POV, if I purchase SF it's not for the build quality or warranty. It's for the:
1. TIR optics
2. Host (Older models)
3. Lego-ability
4. Ability to disassemble the light in a pinch and replace what's wrong, rather than have the whole light sent back
5. Accessories, eg IR filter

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typically the "whole light" doesnt break. Say the lens shattered. Give em a call and they send you a new one. Say the switch falls apart. Call them and you get a new switch.
No registration needed.
So in theory you could request one piece at a time and assemble a light for free. :devil:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're wrong - Fenix does.
Gotten my abused TK10 replaced thrice, my TA21 twice. (And it was my fault, I was torturing them on the beach to see how far they could go before the sand compromised the O rings and let water in)

Well, you need it. Had my L2D fail twice on me, two times replaced. The third time, I said there will be no third time, I took it NIB, traded to somebody without even opening it.
Driver failure both times...
Will never buy anything "digital" again.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned earlier.
Jetbeam RRT-0 replaced my Surefire U2- On par with the Surefire U2.
The Surefire 6P is not all that great in quality which Fenix matches Surefire on this line.
Tiablo is somewhere in between.
I like Surefire, but for the CS I have received it is not worth the price & hassle.
My 6P lens cracked from a fall of 3 ft. from my dresser on top of a box full of plastic CD cases. I have dropped cheap Chinese lights from higher on concrete with minor damage.
Unfortunately I still have not tried Olight, Nitecore, etc.

red02

Enlightened
Does the Surefire lifetime warranty apply only to parts and whole flashlights purchased in their respective retail packaging with registration numbers?

Is registration of a light required prior to the lifetime warranty taking effect?

In other words, if I assembled a complete SF flashlight from original SF parts not in their retail packaging, hence no registration number , will the lifetime warranty cover the whole light?

Thanks.
The warranty applies to the light and its constituent parts, disirregardless of owner.

You could sell the light to someone who looses it and whoever finds it will be able to send it in if it needs to be fixed. Thats why you see users on CPFMP selling their SF stuff for near the MSRP, thanks to the reputation and the warranty SF lights retain a high value despite being used.

To consider this question you do need to look at the QC process as well.

Jetbeam - on par with the M2, C2, 6P, 9P. But horrendous QC.
Olight - Better QC than Jetbeam but still not at SF standards.
Fenix - This is contentious, but from my experience I have not received a single defective light or a light that has failed (unless I planned for it to fail). Quality on the TK, LD and PD series from 2008 onwards are up to par (or exceed) SF. The TA series...

Looking at this from another POV, if I purchase SF it's not for the build quality or warranty. It's for the:
1. TIR optics
2. Host (Older models)
3. Lego-ability
4. Ability to disassemble the light in a pinch and replace what's wrong, rather than have the whole light sent back
5. Accessories, eg IR filter

Dereelight also makes outstanding lights, wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

That warranty doesn't hurt either: "If it breaks, we'll fix it". Really inspires some confidence.

Last edited:

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned earlier.
Jetbeam RRT-0 replaced my Surefire U2- On par with the Surefire U2.
The Surefire 6P is not all that great in quality which Fenix matches Surefire on this line.
Tiablo is somewhere in between.
I like Surefire, but for the CS I have received it is not worth the price & hassle.
My 6P lens cracked from a fall of 3 ft. from my dresser on top of a box full of plastic CD cases. I have dropped cheap Chinese lights from higher on concrete with minor damage.
Unfortunately I still have not tried Olight, Nitecore, etc.

Humm my RRT-0 was a POS and to get it fixed it had to go to China and would have taken over a month.

As to the OP I have owned over 80 Surefire light and have used there CS and was never asked any questions the problem was just taken care of.